Increasing FPS
Hi, I need some Help over here, I'm new here, but using pcsx2 already half year.
My version is PCSX2 1.0.0(r5350)

I play Kamen Rider Kabuto and the fps is only 25-30, while on the same system and setting,
I play Arc The Lad Twilight of the Spirit its fps was 57-62.
But on the Arc the Lad, when i reach a certain town where so many npc and environtment its fps drop to 25-30.
Any setting from the pcsx2 was the default. not downloading any external plugin

My Question is how do you increase your fps?

Windows Professional 64bit
Intel i7-3610
Ram: 4GB
Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB

Here is the Screenshot while playing kabuto
Kabuto Screen Capture

Sponsored links

Keep the graphics at default settings. In other words only play on native res. This will help a lot. Also try enabling MTVU under the speed hacks option. This could be very helpful as well as it makes use of more than 2 Cores.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
Your GPU is kinda weak which wont help, but your CPU is very good. Firstly i would suggest going in to the emulator settings and then speedhacks and enabling the MTVU speedhack, this might help improve speed.

If it does not, go in to GSDX and tick the "Native" box and see if that helps. As i say, your GPU is kinda weak so you might need to lower the load on your gpu.

Another thing you can try, as you have a decent CPU, in the GSDX config, set the number of software render threads at the bottom to 3, then at the top choose the renderer "DirectX 11 (Software)" and see what that's like.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

You sure his GPU is that weak for pcsx2. Who am I to argue with a coder but I seen that chip do some wonderful things. Of course this was with PC games not emulation. I'll just be quiet now.
(11-15-2012, 02:38 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: You sure his GPU is that weak for pcsx2. Who am I to argue with a coder but I seen that chip do some wonderful things. Of course this was with PC games not emulation. I'll just be quiet now.

the models which are < #50 are considered to be "budget" GPU's and they are just that, designed to work "ok" in games but mainly for office/internet/video use.

The card has DDR3 memory on it, which will cause a huge drag on performance, PCSX2 throws a lot of texture information at the GPU so you need this to be as fast as possible. The GPU itself might be okay for PCSX2, but the memory is a let down.

You can get away with the #40 models depending on if you get the version with GDDR5 on it rather than DDR3

I seen people run games like BF3 at high/ulatra settings at 720P and get like 30fps. I understand cards numbers ending below 50 is meant for beget but some of those cards can do wonderful things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tldEREmwSnQ

As you see here he has perhaps similar specs then TC does here minus the RAM. This uploader has stated he was getting 35-45 FPS with max settings at 720P. That's really good for a budget GPU.
erm, hes on medium settings, not max.

Thank for the very fast reply and the suggestion,

By Direct 11 (software) you mean Direct3D 11 (software) Right?
I use all of your guys suggestion and its works wonder. Playing at 60 FPS now,
but the reason now is that there is some weird black spot on the screen (on the right below corner).
Screenshot at attachment.
Any idea why its appearing? There is no such thing before as you can see in my previous screenshot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-15-2012, 02:58 PM)darc55 Wrote: Thank for the very fast reply and the suggestion,

By Direct 11 (software) you mean Direct3D 11 (software) Right?

Thats correct.

As for the black stuff, if you change it back to hardware renderer is it okay? If so, try the directx 9 software renderer and see if that one is okay.

If that still doesnt solve it, try turning MTVU back off instead.

While returning to Hardware renderer,the black spot disappear. but the fps drop to 30-35 FPS
What the main reason actually? is it the renderer?

Edit: Using Direct3D 9(software) also causes the black spot