Individual button pressure sensitivities (QT nightly)
I have recently been testing out the QT nightly builds for the first time and I am really liking this new style of PCSX2. The developers did a wonderful job updating PCSX2 to this new style. Up to this point, I have been using to the widget builds and am trying to adjust to the QT builds so i can use QT builds moving forward. However one of the features I like about the widget builds which I had been using for years had to do with Lilypad and the ability to adjust the pressure sensitivities of individual controller buttons, or of individual analog stick directions.

Now I know there were a lot of design decisions that went into this new controller mapping system in the QT builds, but it seems that the one feature that I really liked from the widget builds and lilypad is no longer available in the QT builds which is the ability to adjust the pressure sensitivities to individual buttons.

Now I know this has been asked about in other topics, I've read through some of these topics where it's been asked about, and talked about, and in some cases developers said there was a solution, but I can't seem to follow any of these remedies. I know that the developers added a "pressure modifier" feature to the QT builds, but this pressure modifier feature doesn't seem to set pressure sensitivities to specific buttons like we can through the widget builds and lilypad, so when I press a button I can control how hard the button is pressed. Can someone please address this issue head-on and explain if this is possible in the QT builds, and if it isn't, is this something that could be worked into the QT builds at some point?

This feature in the widget / lilypad was one of the best things about PCSX2, and without it I don't see how I can play games on the QT builds without this ability to set pressure sensitivities to each button. The pressure modifier feature is nice and the ability to adjust sensitivities for all buttons at once is good, but it's not the same as being able to set pressure sensitivities for each button like we could in lilypad. Over many many years that I've been on the widget builds I've been customizing my face button sensitivities for specific games and in some games specific analog stick directions, and if I don't have this ability on the QT builds I'm afraid I will have to stay with the widget builds. I really want to move on to the QT builds fully but I really need a way to set the sensitivities for individual buttons, without needing to press an additional "modifier" button to adjust the sensitivity for a button for example, I would like to be able to press each button while playing and have it be at the pressure sensitivity that I am used to.

So how can I set pressure sensitivities of individual button pressures in the QT builds like we could on the widget builds through Lilypad? And if this feature is not built into the QT builds, is there a work around? Or would I need to use an external program like ReWASD to achieve this while using the QT builds?

What I did in the past on the widget builds was I would have specific pressure sensitivities for specific games and I would set up a specific version of a nightly PCSX2 builds around a particular game, so I could keep track of my Lilypad.ini's for each game, so I had specific pressure sensitivities set accordingly for each game through Lilypad.ini. Is there a way to achieve this on the QT builds, or isn't there? If there is, please walk me through how because I've tried everything and can't seem to figure it out. If there isn't, I would kindly ask the developers to please considering implementing this feature in future QT so we can do have custom individual button sensitivities for specific games like we can on the widget builds through lilypad.

Thank You.

Sponsored links

if you use DSHidMini (providing you have a DS3) and put the xinput dll in the pcsx2 folder, then make sure you're using xinput in PCSX2, it will use pressure sensitivity.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-16-2022, 09:36 PM)refraction Wrote: if you use DSHidMini (providing you have a DS3) and put the xinput dll in the pcsx2 folder, then make sure you're using xinput in PCSX2, it will use pressure sensitivity.

I use a Logitech F310 gamepad, which has an xinput mode. I've been using this gamepad for years. The beauty of this gamepad for PCSX2 is that does not have pressure sensitive face buttons or pressure sensitive L1 and R1 buttons, but it does have pressure sensitivity for L2 and R2. So on the widget PCSX2 builds I could control what the exact sensitivity is reached every time I pressed X, [ ], O, /\, L1 or R1 through Lilypad while being able to control sensitivity for L2, R2 and the analog sticks.

This worked perfectly on the widget builds with Lilypad but I could use some help understanding what I would need to do to achieve this on the QT builds

When you say "providing you have a DS3" do you mean any controller that has an xinput mode, like the Logitech F310?

To be clear, it's not just getting the "pressure sensitivity" in my gamepad to work with PCSX2, since X, [ ], O, /\, L1 or R1 are not pressure sensitive buttons on the F310, it's being able to customize the sensitivity of these buttons when pressed to achieve custom pressure sensitive actions while playing PCSX2 for specific games like I was able to do on the widget builds through Lilypad.
Your pad doesn't have pressure sensitive buttons. You will need to use the pressure modifier option in Qt
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-16-2022, 11:03 PM)refraction Wrote: Your pad doesn't have pressure sensitive buttons. You will need to use the pressure modifier option in Qt

The Logitech F310 does have pressure sensitive L2 and R2 buttons, but the other buttons X, [ ], O, /\, L1 or R1 are not pressure sensitive. Getting pressure sensitivity to work on this gamepad for the L2 and R2 buttons isn't my primary concern. I'm not sure if that's possible, but that's not the issue.

The issue is not being able to set custom sensitivities for each button (or analog stick, or for a specific analog stick direction) in the QT builds like we can in Lilypad on the widget builds.

I see the pressure modifier option, but that only seems to allow setting a specific pressure sensitivity for one specific button.

In Lilypad on the widget builds, we can set different sensitivities for each and every button on the gamepad, including each analog stick which is immensely useful. It's one of the best features of PCSX2. In Lilypad, for example, I can set a specific sensitivity button press for the Square button, and another sensitivity for the circle button, then another for the R1 button, etc. In addition, there are some PS2 games that only make use of the Left analog stick. So in Lilypad on the widget builds, there are games that I map the left analog stick PS2 controls to both the left analog stick and the right analog stick on my gamepad in PCSX2, so I could have the right analog stick (emulating the PS2's left analog controls) with a different sensitivity than the left analog stick. This is very useful for some games that have programmed different actions for slight analog stick pushes. This allows precise control of the analog stick when needed in certain games.

In the QT builds, however, it seems (and correct me if I'm wrong) that you can only set the sensitivity for one specific button, but no more than just a single button, and it seems that you can only set the sensitivity to be the same for both analog stick. So unlike in Lilypad on the widget builds, it doesn't seem that you can have a different sensitivity for the right analog stick than you have for the left analog stick. So if you wanted to emulate the left analog stick PS2 controls to both the left analog stick and the right analog stick with different sensitivities for each, it doesn't appear that you can do that on the QT builds. Further, there are some games in which I even set a specific sensitivity for a specific analog stick direction. That's the beauty of what you can do Lilypad on the widget builds.

On the QT builds however, in the new controller settings, none of this kind of custom sensitivity that we had been used to in Lilypad seems to be possible. Would you consider adding the sensitivity settings we were able to achieve in Lilypad to the QT build controller settings? And if not, or in the meantime, perhaps there is an external program I can use to set my button sensitivities and re-create what I was able to do in Lilypad and the widget builds when using the QT builds? If you would consider working the kind of sensitivity settings that were in Lilypad to the QT builds controller settings it would be greatly appreciated.
On the widget builds, Lilypad's ability to provide Full DS2 Pressure sensitivity support for each emulated gamepad button or keyboard stroke is what I'm referring to. This feature arguably worked even better for gamepads without pressure sensitive face-buttons like the Logitech F310 because you could emulate exactly how hard of a button press you wanted your PC controller to emulate on the PS2 controller. This was immensely useful for the following reasons :

For games like MGS2, if you wanted to aim your gun instead of shoot, you had to press the button very softly. In PCSX2 on the widget builds through Lilypad, you could make this "aiming" action occur regardless of how hard you pressed your PC gamepad by adjusting the Sensitivity.

Lilypad seemed to tap into the specific DS2 sensitivity intervals (0.958, 0.969, 0.979, 0.989, 1.000, 1.051, etc) and it allowed you to emulate those on your PC controller. You could even make different sensitivities of the same PS2 button for several different PC gamepad buttons or other keyboard buttons to do different actions with the same PS2 button without having to worry about how hard you pressed the button like you had to when playing on an actual PS2 DS2 (which sometimes was difficult to control).

In games like Madden or NCAA Football on PS2, for example, each sensitivity setting in Lilypad produced unique in-game versions of each button action. For example, lowering this sensitivity setting from 1.000 to 0.989 or lower made passes softer and at a different trajectory. To do a QB slide when playing with a non-pressure sensitive controller like the F310 for example, you had to lower the sensitivity for the square button. (otherwise the QB would always do a dive when you pressed the square button)

What I found in Madden and NCAA Football when playing on PCSX2 with the F310 is you can make some of the moves and actions look better by adjusting the sensitivity of each button press. Like the spin move, it was too overpowered by default, you can control the physics of the spin move by lowering the sensitivity of the circle button to make the spin move look more realistic. So this isn't necessarily something that can be handled externally. The way certain PS2 games were designed had a wide range of actions built into each pressure sensitive button increment. And the fun was through Lilypad you could discover all of this and decide on the best DS2 sensitivity setting for each button.

PCSX2 and Lilypad showed the ability to emulate the button press intervals of the DS2 on a PC gamepad. So using a non-pressure sensitive gamepad like the F310 actually has its benefits because we could really hone in on the specific DS2 face button sensitivity intervals and make each button press hit the best DS2 interval every time which greatly enhanced the gameplay experience.

The pressure modifier option on the QT builds doesn't seem to tap into the specific intervals of a DS2 PS2 controller like Lilypad's sensitivity settings did. It just seems to be an overall PC gamepad setting for gamepads with button sensitivity.

It's those specific DS2 sensitivity intervals (0.958, 0.969, 0.979, 0.989, 1.000, 1.051, etc) that I would like to emulate on my F310 on the QT, as can be done on the widget builds with Lilypad. So that's what I'm asking about. I would be very grateful to discuss this with the developers and if support for this feature was worked into future QT builds that would do a lot for the QT builds. This is a wonderful feature of Lilypad and the PCSX2 widget builds, it's one of the things that make the PS2 so unique and how PCSX2 and Lilypad taps into the depth of the DS2 and its pressure sensitive face buttons. And also the shoulder buttons, in some games L1, L2, R1, and R2 have different versions of the same action depending on which DS2 pressure sensitive increment you select. This is what makes PS2 and PS2 emulation so great, so I really hope you will consider working this into the QT builds or at least helping me find a way to tap into and emulate these settings some other way.