Information about OS and Speed
Thanks to all, but now I'm at the new pc with xp sp3 and directx 9, and I tried to use my FF X.
I think that the graphic is perfect, and the speed goes from about 93% to 200% and this mean that i never go under 50 fps. (yes, in some little areas, ingame, I can get 200%, but i don't know how lol. o_o.). Maybe with Vista the game can be also better, mh...Well, I've Vista Home Edition, if I remember @WHERE I PUT IT@ i'll try it Smile.

Sponsored links

(12-15-2008, 02:31 AM)VeaaC Wrote: I would advice you Vista 64. Vista is in many ways better designed than XP, but the most important point for PCSX2 is DX10. Many games are over 100% faster in DX10 than DX9.

can somebody confirm that and why is this the case? i thought pcsx2 needs way more cpu than graphic card power.
Its likely DirectX10 is based on strict standard that doesn't allow so many configurations as DX9. Well google microsoft DX10 comparison to DX9 and try understand it Wink
[Image: FireFlower.jpg]
[Image: 463094.png]
DX10 is basically a ground-up rethinking of how the hardware interacts with the system, and is significantly different than DX9. Google around if you'd like, but I think Microsoft realized how hard it would be to back port to XP and decided it wasn't worth it.

Vista may have it's faults, but the core pieces of the system are very solid and very good. DX10 is (in my humble opinion as an amateur graphics programmer) a much better system to work with in terms of ease of use and flexibility, and is the only reason I keep a Vista64 partition on my box.

If you're a student at a major university, you may be eligible to get a much cheaper price for Vista64 through the CS department. If you can get your hands on a copy, give it a shot and see what you think.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
At almost all universities in Germany you can even get all MS OSs for free.
Reading the OFFICAL GUIDE can answer 90% of your newbie questions
SEARCHING the forums can answer 90% of your advanced questions.
how did you know that i'm a german student? :) however, i will install/test vista during the holidays and can post the results (compared to windows xp) here.
Guess its not hard when you think Otto is pretty only used in Europe by Norway, Finland, Sweden and Germany, Danmark so you have like 20% chance to get right ;P
[Image: FireFlower.jpg]
[Image: 463094.png]
he did not know. he just said because he's from Germany. GOSH!