Information about OS and Speed
Hi Smile
I'm a new user, and i want to thank you for this emulator, for now it worked fine.
Well, now, i bought new pc ( Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 3,2 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, Geforce 8600 ) without an OS.
The one who sold the PC, told me that the 64 bit of Windows System is better than the 32 bit, because he said if I use the 32 bit, my RAM can be 3 GB and not 4 GB.
What 64 BIT OS is better for my pc -and for PCSX2-? Or for PCSX2 is better the 32 BIT version?
Thank you for you attention.
Note: I'm not english/american so sorry for my horrors in english

Sponsored links

PCSX2 is currently better on 32-bit version and yeah 32-bit systems can use only 3,5GB RAM.
But PCSX2 needs only 1-2GB RAM so..
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz (Turbo 5.1 GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 (8 GB)
RAM: Corsair 32GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance LPX
MOBO: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS
1-2 Gb :-). 250M rather. It need 1.5G of adress space, not memory.
Surprisingly windows vista runs the emulation better than it does XP, maybe vista is good for something afterall Tongue
Vista has DX10Glare
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz (Turbo 5.1 GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 (8 GB)
RAM: Corsair 32GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance LPX
MOBO: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS
Thanks to everyone. At the end, i'm going to install Windows XP 32 BIT and after that, the sp3. This because I really don't like vista, and don't think bad of me, i used it for months, so i know what i say.
I watched some videos on youtube of the PCSX2 Emulator, with different games and the XP OS, they worked great, so I think that it won't be a problem if i'll choose windows xp.
And I'll use the 32 bit version because I read that some programs won't work fine with the 64 bit version.
Re-Thank you for your time that you spent to help me^^
I would advice you Vista 64. Vista is in many ways better designed than XP, but the most important point for PCSX2 is DX10. Many games are over 100% faster in DX10 than DX9.
Reading the OFFICAL GUIDE can answer 90% of your newbie questions
SEARCHING the forums can answer 90% of your advanced questions.
I think a lot of the negative things about vista have been a lot of hype. I used to run xp for as long as I can remember on my desktop and really loved it. When i got this laptop I have now with vista I didnt think i would like it from what i heard, but turns out it is very nice. I haven't found any compatability problems as most 32bit programs can run on a 64bit os (I have a 64 bit version btw).

In terms of PCSX2 it seems to run very well, given the normal glitches that you would have, which really cant be solved by have a certain OS.
Yeah I say too Vista is better than XP. Most of the problems were with just recently released Vista and people trying to run it with "512MB, Athlon Duron" processors maybe with GF 4 graphics...

And compatibility problems were with printers and scanners that used serial and pararrel ports to operate and these are not anymore fully supported in Vista (64 bit doesn't have support at all If I remember right).

New OS is meant to be run with fairly new PC Wink Like new games need more power to get more candies on screen ;P
[Image: FireFlower.jpg]
[Image: 463094.png]
There is nothing wrong with vista. Gsdx Dx10 is much better than dx9, so if you can use vista, you should do so.
There is also nothing wrong with the 64bit version ...