Input Lag Issues on Prisoner of Azkaban
Hi All,

I am playing the Prisoner of Akzaban on PCSX2, and am suffering from input lag.

I'm playing on 50fps at 100% speed so all is well there, but am suffering from maybe half a millisecond input lag which is infuriating.

I am playing with a Pad, let me know if this is just a pad issue and it's better to play on keyboard, or if there is anything I can do to make it playable on a pad.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-30-2020, 11:27 PM)JamieAR97 Wrote: Hi All,

I am playing the Prisoner of Akzaban on PCSX2, and am suffering from input lag.

I'm playing on 50fps at 100% speed so all is well there, but am suffering from maybe half a millisecond input lag which is infuriating.

I am playing with a Pad, let me know if this is just a pad issue and it's better to play on keyboard, or if there is anything I can do to make it playable on a pad.

Thanks in advance!

The input lag is a known issue, there is nothing you can do about it. What i did is avoid games that require precise input timing.
half a ms is nonsense.
[Image: HkgHT5k.gif]
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ

(12-30-2020, 11:27 PM)JamieAR97 Wrote: I'm playing on 50fps at 100% speed so all is well there, but am suffering from maybe half a millisecond input lag which is infuriating.

You can notice 1/40th of a frame lag? You are a super human and I suggest you report to MENSA immediately.

Anyway you could try the latest 1.7.0 development build as we fixed some frame time issues which you may be experiencing. You can get it here: https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Blush ! I meant half a second not half a millisecond ahaha!

I'll give the new build a go now and see how it goes, thank you!
haha yeah that makes more sense.
Another thing you can try is switching to port audio in spu settings to reduce audio latency.
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ

(12-31-2020, 04:39 PM)refraction Wrote: You can notice 1/40th of a frame lag? You are a super human and I suggest you report to MENSA immediately.

Anyway you could try the latest 1.7.0 development build as we fixed some frame time issues which you may be experiencing. You can get it here: https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Just back to say thank you!

That sorted the issue straight away Smile
thanks for letting us know
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ