Input Latency in Fighting games
So, I haven't tried pcsx2 in a while..

Got it up and running. Popped in Guilty Gear Accent Core +

It seems that there's a bit of input lag compared to on my PS2.. my FRC feels like they need to go in slightly earlier

is there anyway to check latency ?

I tried enabling / disabling all speed hacks.. same input issue. game stays at 100%

The game is running 100%. 5ghz 2500k, 7970cfx (running single mode) + 15% OC

Sponsored links

That's odd. Maybe its the game itself... I plsyer other fighters and do not ahve this problem. By any chance are you using a TV?
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
(06-09-2014, 06:17 AM)fade2black001 Wrote: That's odd. Maybe its the game itself... I plsyer other fighters and do not ahve this problem. By any chance are you using a TV?

I'm just using my desktop monitor, it's a slow one yes, 3007wfphc, i know it's exactly 16ms which wouldn't account for the input lag i'm experiencing relative to my ps2..

this is through a arcade stick through cthulu input board.
I have no idea. The next thought would be the response time... Umm does this happen with all fighting games? I still won't have a solution for you but just a troubleshooting question. Sorry for not being of much help. Maybe one of more knoweldge of this can help you.
If it makes you feel any better, I also have input latency on all of my games.

I kinda have accepted it as a part/side effect of emulation since pretty much every emulator I have ever tried has had some input lag but even then I have heard conflicting information whether its actually produced by emulation or not.

Though is your input lag severe ? In fighting games (like DBZ ones) I find the lag to be quite insignificant.
Excl Note to self: learn to write shorter posts
post your pcsx2_vm contents (remove anything that says where it is)
(06-09-2014, 09:06 AM)Thewonderboy Wrote: If it makes you feel any better, I also have input latency on all of my games.

I kinda have accepted it as a part/side effect of emulation since pretty much every emulator I have ever tried has had some input lag but even then I have heard conflicting information whether its actually produced by emulation or not.

Though is your input lag severe ? In fighting games (like DBZ ones) I find the lag to be quite insignificant.

well.. no i mean.. i can still enjoy the game..

if i remember correctly the timing is 2 frames.. so perhaps with the complexity of emulation.. that's just a bit harder to peg..

This is not a complaint really.. I am just wondering if ya'll were seeing this to double check if I had a configuration out of place..
(06-09-2014, 09:36 AM)Saiki Wrote: post your pcsx2_vm contents (remove anything that says where it is)

is this the INI file?
that's right. the ini contents. (not the file, just the text in it)
Well SOmething else I thought about is that do you have the controller plugged through USB? Or are you using it wirelessly? If on wireless that could be the reason. If not and you on on USB then disregard this.