Input lag
Hello people, i've been an avid ps2 player when i was younger and seing this emulator growing up is a childhood return, i even donated in the past years when it was still possible for how gratefull i am for those devs work but even year after years of tries i still encountering the same issue, the input lag, it doesn't matter how hard i tweaked the emulation it was just too noticeable, i gave up but seing the 1.6.0 update made me return only to see this haunting issue again, is there anything that can be done ? Fps games are pretty hard to enjoy because of it.

100% speed in every game, input lag is about 0.3--0.6 seconds depending on the game, using xbox 360 wired controller, it may sound strange but sticks seems to have much more delay than buttons, same situation with Kb/M

Windows 10
i5 9600kf 
gtx 1660 ti
16gb ram 3000mhz
4tb hdd
gigabyte z390UD

keep up the good work!

Sponsored links

Nothing to do about input lag. We have been listening to reports but have not been able to reproduce anything anywhere near 0.25 seconds. So far, tests have not found any causes either and determining a cause is an ongoing process.
I have the same problem, you can see the video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXavDMgsHrc

The truth that I could not find any solution.
It is very difficult to point in games FPS
(05-26-2020, 05:11 PM)Guardian1676 Wrote: I have the same problem, you can see the video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXavDMgsHrc

The truth that I could not find any solution.
It is very difficult to point in games FPS
Yeah i can accurately see that its pretty much the same amount of delay i get in my games, make me sad seing how the emulator work so good but is often rendered useless for issues like that, i'm trying to see if the 60fps patch can resolve even partially my problem
(05-26-2020, 06:34 PM)fabrizio Wrote: Yeah i can accurately see that its pretty much the same amount of delay i get in my games, make me sad seing how the emulator work so good but is often rendered useless for issues like that, i'm trying to see if the 60fps patch can resolve even partially my problem
Try to run the game on an older development version of PCSX2, like from 2015 or something and see if the input lag is still a problem.
(05-27-2020, 09:26 PM)planetps2 Wrote: Try to run the game on an older development version of PCSX2, like from 2015 or something and see if the input lag is still a problem.
I tryied 1.3.0 and 1.4.0 and it seemed a little better ( might be placebo ) but far from what i would expect from a 100% running emulation, i tryied to set up the mouse and the delay made me insane for how noticeable it is compared to controller due to mice native sensibilities. dunno what else to try, fps and racing games are unplaybale  Sad
(05-28-2020, 04:18 AM)fabrizio Wrote: I tryied 1.3.0 and 1.4.0 and it seemed a little better ( might be placebo ) but far from what i would expect from a 100% running emulation, i tryied to set up the mouse and the delay made me insane for how noticeable it is compared to controller due to mice native sensibilities. dunno what else to try, fps and racing games are unplaybale  Sad
I tested it from version 1.4 with keyboard and input lag persists
(05-28-2020, 06:13 PM)Guardian1676 Wrote: I tested it from version 1.4 with keyboard and input lag persists
Yes i actually tested it again and the micro improvements are due to 60fps patch for some games and removing the pcsx2 FPS limiter and using the one from Nvidia control panel, the lag seems to be related to the emulator itself.

(05-28-2020, 04:18 AM)fabrizio Wrote: I tryied 1.3.0 and 1.4.0 and it seemed a little better ( might be placebo ) but far from what i would expect from a 100% running emulation, i tryied to set up the mouse and the delay made me insane for how noticeable it is compared to controller due to mice native sensibilities. dunno what else to try, fps and racing games are unplaybale  Sad
If you're saying that the input lag is the same on older builds then it must have something to do with your computer setup rather than something related to the pscx2 application itself. I thought that perhaps pcsx2 may have implemented a feature in recent years that created input lag, but based on what you're saying, that doesn't seem to be the case.

This input lag problem is a bit of a mystery as several people have reported it. How long have you been running pcsx2 @fabrizio? Do you recall input lag being a problem years ago? Were you on a different machine?

Could the input lag in pcsx2 be a problem related to Windows 10? Is it only when running specific games?
(05-29-2020, 02:14 AM)planetps2 Wrote: If you're saying that the input lag is the same on older builds then it must have something to do with your computer setup rather than something related to the pscx2 application itself. I thought that perhaps pcsx2 may have implemented a feature in recent years that created input lag, but based on what you're saying, that doesn't seem to be the case.

This input lag problem is a bit of a mystery as several people have reported it. How long have you been running pcsx2 @fabrizio? Do you recall input lag being a problem years ago? Were you on a different machine?

Could the input lag in pcsx2 be a problem related to Windows 10? Is it only when running specific games?
I have the most minimal PC ever so i don't really think it could be anything from my rig, i literally have nothing installed other than games ( and obviusly drivers and important stuff like that ) and the build is pretty much only the needed things to boot up and play.

As much as i can remember input lag was less of an issue some years ago, i can't really remember correctly but when i tried killzone in 2014 i was actually able to aim and shoot enemies despite the massive rendering bugs, and even so the delay was not the first thing i noticed unlike lately, i was on windows 7 and on a much weaker machine.
Then i tried again in like 2016-2017 and i started to notice how movements were not that responsive, even on some not demanding games. Windows 8.1 and different PC, stronger than the previous one.
Now i'm tring to play again on Windows 10 and a totally different PC (the one in the upper post) again and its always the same.
It seems to be unrelated to the games playing but the thing i can say for sure is that it can't go lower than a certain amount, it doesn't matter how good it get, its never lower than 0.2-0.3 seconds, can only rise up. I'm actually trying to play MERCENARIES PLAYGROUND OF DESTRUCTION and its pretty weird to play, shooting feels clunky and driving is a mess.
Some others game i tried are RAMPAGE TOTAL DESTRUCTION and MORTAL KOMBAT SHAOLIN MONKS. I can't accurately say how responsive they are compared to Mercenaries but the delay is still there, the thing that make me insane is that when testing some instant action like jumping, shooting and so on, those feels way faster than camera and characters movements for some reasons. 
I agree to some extent when you assume it could be some features conflicting in some ways with PCSX2,i also think that there are even more people with input lag issues as a lot of casuals player aren't that much into gaming to noticed those thin problems. A friend of mine downloaded the emulator ( for memories revival, definitely not a gamer like us) on his laptoop and couldn't see any issue, i needed only 5 seconds to notice the 50fps and the usual delay, along with some audio crackling, just to make an example  Biggrin .