Input lag, video tear or minor video stutter...
(11-05-2009, 09:28 PM)Xelinis Wrote: Would driver-enforced vsync resolve any input lag?

No. It's actually caused by the MTGS in PCSX2 queuing up too many frames ahead of what's seen on-screen. The fix is to limit the MTGS to a single frame queue when vsync is enabled (which was only difficult to do because, in 0.9.6 and prior, PCSX2 had no knowledge of the GS plugin's vsync settings).
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team

Sponsored links

@ Shadow Lady
i actually know,beacuse they are "beta" so the may contain failures that can be solved in the "stable" release if not why they are called beta?.
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
(11-05-2009, 10:02 PM)diegochiha Wrote: @ Shadow Lady
i actually know,beacuse they are "beta"

Uh no, you're just assuming there... that a driver has been WHQL'ed only means microsoft did tests on them and they passed which most drivers would probably do as well but the problem is this process costs money and it doesnt really say if they're "stable" just that they passed some tests whatever they are and mark them with "certified by windows".

Beta drivers are basically drivers without this certification but that doesnt make them any less good really (they include bug fixes, new features, optimizations etc), this beta drivers are chosen by nvidia being good enough to deserve a public release and they are tested by their own testers before being released anyway. Now if you're talking about shady "leaked beta" drivers yeah that's different because there's no way to know what's in them really and well you wont get support for them from nvidia.

Granted betas can have some issues but so could the WHQL as the WHQL stamp doesn't in any way say they are better drivers, and for an example just see how many people have issues with the 19x.xx drivers but they apply to both beta and WHQL drivers. But in no way are beta drivers less "complete" and actually some of the best drivers from nvidia have been betas.

But anyway enough offtopic I guess, I apologize for having continue changing subject on the thread.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
@ Shadow Lady

No need to talk about this anymore,each one has his/her own opinion Tongue,and its offtopic so whateverLaugh.
Yay, one of my favorite forum comebacks... the: "oops I'm wrong, so lets just say it's a matter of opinion. because everyone's entitled to one of those, so now if you continue to prove me wrong you're just being rude!" kinda post.

Anyway, traditionally "beta" video card drivers fix way more than they break, and traditionally the worst drivers you can use, from both performance and stability standpoints, are the old crap outdated drivers that come packaged with a system or video card (in spite of their clever little certification).

There's a reason why a lot of times the first advice a forum mod or PCSX2 dev gives to someone having video problems is "did you upgrade to latest drivers?" Because most of the time it fixes things.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Yes, latest drivers typically fix a lot of issues and give more performance in some games, particularly with newer graphics cards, but they can also bring problems as well. There has been many occurrences where performance in one game improved by XX%, but another game was broken with newer drivers for example.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
@ boogerthe2nd

Thats what im talking about

@Air

The 3 first lines Totally lol comment,but maybe im wrong i dont know everyting like you do air hehe
Is there no cure for screen tear? the conversation kinda drifted towards drivers and input lag (which is one of the issues) xD
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 | Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) | MSI 1070Ti | 16GB 3600MHz RAM
Franpa: 0.9.7 when it's released will have the input lag problem fixed as per what Air said earlier in this thread. Once that's fixed you can use v-sync without problems.
[Image: 2748844.png]
So yeah I didn't think I'd bring this up again but here's an update on my situation. I've since upgraded to PCSX 0.9.8 with the recently released new SPU2-X plugin and Nvidia 267.24 x64 Beta (Newer drivers cause a host of problems for me in various games).

Software rendering, Direct3D 10, Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm [PAL] (This game features both NTSC and PAL display modes)

No Aero, No Vsync, 50hz = Yes display tearing
No Aero, Vsync on, 50hz = No display tearing but stutters for like 1 frame every 10~ seconds with a minor audio hiccup.

No Aero, No Vsync, 60hz = Yes display tearing
No Aero, Vsync on, 60hz = No display tearing but stutters for like 1 frame every 10~ seconds with a minor audio hiccup.

With Hardware rendering, Direct3D 10 and No Aero I get screen tearing regardless of the Vsync setting, even forcing Vsync via Nvidia control panel does nothing to resolve it. (This issue pretty much affects any and all hardware accelerated windowed rendering engines for me regardless of program/game being run on my computer so it isn't limited to just PCSX2.).

With Hardware rendering, Direct3D 9/10 and Aero I get no screen tearing but I get random bursts of stutter periodically caused by Aero as discussed over in this forum/thread. Currently only experienced in Bsnes and PCSX2.

I'm happy that the input lag issue has been resolved Smile just need a smooth/consistent FPS now without the minor stutter Sad Currently 60hz or 50hz with Vsync but no Aero is the best. Any and all help would be appreciated in getting this sorted out.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 | Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) | MSI 1070Ti | 16GB 3600MHz RAM