InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
(07-29-2014, 10:23 PM)jhebbel Wrote: What is your login name?

ahh i must have upgraded the wrong fella, oh well lucky him lol, you should be good now.

(07-29-2014, 10:19 PM)RedShadow Wrote: Hmm yeah I didn't have 1.4.36. But now that I do, my profile picture is on the top left hand corner. However the ads are still there.

Also I can't resize the window anymore it seems. I'm using the biggest DPI increase so I don't see the whole stuff (don't worry, I ain't blind, I'm just not at home Tongue2)

And a little bonus bug: when changing language, both the "stop" and "clear" buttons would not update themselves.

Biggrin

i haven't written a control to handle resize yet on the new layout, its in progress.
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool

Sponsored links

(07-29-2014, 10:26 PM)jhebbel Wrote: ahh i must have upgraded the wrong fella, oh well lucky him lol, you should be good now.

i haven't written a control to handle resize yet on the new layout, its in progress.

Yeah this is working now, with them nice pretty colors and all Laugh

A little question though:
I see that my credentials are saved on the computer since restarting the app logs me in automatically. So how is stored the credential? Is there an auth token saved somewhere? Tried to look into %appdata% but there is nothing unusual in the DS4 folder there... nor is there in the DSDC registry folder... where s it? Tongue
(07-29-2014, 10:37 PM)RedShadow Wrote: Yeah this is working now, with them nice pretty colors and all Laugh

A little question though:
I see that my credentials are saved on the computer since restarting the app logs me in automatically. So how is stored the credential? Is there an auth token saved somewhere? Tried to look into %appdata% but there is nothing unusual in the DS4 folder there... nor is there in the DSDC registry folder... where s it? Tongue

currently its plaintext in the config xml (profiles.xml) even if I obfuscate it somehow its just that, an obfuscation and not a hashed encryption. Because of this I also disable inclusion of this file in the debug until I set it up to specifically ignore this value.

PS the resize control seems to be working so that will be back in the next release.

(07-29-2014, 11:11 PM)jhebbel Wrote: currently its plaintext in the config xml (profiles.xml) even if I obfuscate it somehow its just that, an obfuscation and not a hashed encryption. Because of this I also disable inclusion of this file in the debug until I set it up to specifically ignore this value.

Okay I see. There could be a problem however if someone's got a XML characters/entities in their passwords like < > and stuff.
I think a simple base64 will solve that character issue.

You will have to tackle the security problem in the future though.
(07-29-2014, 11:22 PM)RedShadow Wrote: Okay I see. There could be a problem however if someone's got a XML characters/entities in their passwords like < > and stuff.
I think a simple base64 will solve that character issue.

You will have to tackle the security problem in the future though.

good catch on the special chars, ill get that fixed. As far as password storage there is not a lot I can do, I would like to hash it and just compare hashes like most authentication applications do, but Joomla uses all kinds of non standard encodings and salts and injections then keeps that info close to the chest so I have tried and failed to find out how to properly hash a password to meet joomlas current spec.

(07-29-2014, 11:27 PM)jhebbel Wrote: good catch on the special chars, ill get that fixed. As far as password storage there is not a lot I can do, I would like to hash it and just compare hashes like most authentication applications do, but Joomla uses all kinds of non standard encodings and salts and injections then keeps that info close to the chest so I have tried and failed to find out how to properly hash a password to meet joomlas current spec.

I see, too bad. Hmmm...

Well, right now I have a few ideas to get around that issue, temporarily.

One would be to let the user choose whether or not to save the password; like a "remember me" checkbox when login in.

Another would be to not put any kinda password. Instead when a dude makes a contribution, the server sends a file containing an key. But that stuff is always crackable.

The last would be to let the user choose where to store the password, so right now, where to store the profile file. That way I could store it on an encrypted volume, and not give a damn about it.

FileZilla had that kinda problem. Can't remember what the dev did. Except telling people to GTFO since it's the OS' job to secure a plain text file... Glare

Hmmm yeah I'll sleep on that, maybe tomorrow I'll have a bright idea Smile
(07-29-2014, 11:52 PM)RedShadow Wrote: I see, too bad. Hmmm...

Well, right now I have a few ideas to get around that issue, temporarily.

One would be to let the user choose whether or not to save the password; like a "remember me" checkbox when login in.

Another would be to not put any kinda password. Instead when a dude makes a contribution, the server sends a file containing an key. But that stuff is always crackable.

The last would be to let the user choose where to store the password, so right now, where to store the profile file. That way I could store it on an encrypted volume, and not give a damn about it.

FileZilla had that kinda problem. Can't remember what the dev did. Except telling people to GTFO since it's the OS' job to secure a plain text file... Glare

Hmmm yeah I'll sleep on that, maybe tomorrow I'll have a bright idea Smile

Well there isn't much reason for a key file because the login is still going to be needed at some point for future planed features, but I think maybe a static known salt to at least hash and obfuscate it should suffice.

(07-29-2014, 08:19 PM)titoblue Wrote: I reattached the log. And yes, I removed all files, reinstalled xbox 360 controller drivers, did a fresh install of DS4tool making sure to install all requirements bundled with the installer.

Also as a check, I reinstalled Scarlet Crushes DS xinput wrapper and that doesnt seem to work either.
I was playing NFS Shift earlier today ( which uses R2 as the throttle ) and i was curious if i could make the lightbar grow brighter when i pushed the trigger ( according to the pressure level ) and dimmer as i released it, i've tried fiddling with macros but i couldn't make it work as intended, or even better, if each trigger had an assigned color and when you push it that color would grow brighter etc

Is this possible in the current build?

I know it sounds stupid but i would love to see this, i'm using my ds4 with the lightbar off all the time except when fully charged ( then it goes into rainbow mode to inform me that it is 100% charged ), i think it would be a great add on to any gaming pc or for the average enthusiast, specially when playing games that rely intensively on the triggers ( brakes [L2] and throttles [R2] on most racing games nowadays )
(07-30-2014, 11:25 AM)Gabler Wrote: I was playing NFS Shift earlier today ( which uses R2 as the throttle ) and i was curious if i could make the lightbar grow brighter when i pushed the trigger ( according to the pressure level ) and dimmer as i released it, i've tried fiddling with macros but i couldn't make it work as intended, or even better, if each trigger had an assigned color and when you push it that color would grow brighter etc

Is this possible in the current build?

I know it sounds stupid but i would love to see this, [...]

I honestly think that it's a ... an awesome idea lol Laugh
Okay it's just "bling" but I would've never thought of such a feature.

I'm all for mandatory useless things like that. But if each trigger is assigned a different color, what would happen when you press both? Do you want their color levels to blend?

Like L2=Red R2=Blue
You start braking hard but still keep a little pressure on the gas=pinkish stuff?
Tongue