InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
(08-02-2014, 12:33 AM)esareias Wrote: Hmmm well I guess I can toy around with it some more and see if I can figure anything out. It's just super confusing, because I tested out the configuration using Microsoft Office, and any button that was mapped to a letter on the keyboard would show up on the blank document when I used the button.

But I would guess the game also has mapping to the buttons so this would cause a conflict.

Sponsored links

Yeah I hear ya, I tried mapping the buttons to the actual buttons that the game uses but still nothing. I mean it's more of a comfort thing than anything, so if I can't figure it out I'll survive haha.
(08-02-2014, 12:44 AM)esareias Wrote: Yeah I hear ya, I tried mapping the buttons to the actual buttons that the game uses but still nothing. I mean it's more of a comfort thing than anything, so if I can't figure it out I'll survive haha.

Could you try writing a macro for it instead, the button mapping uses some old methods to send button info that don't always work too well (Duke nukem 3d never worked under the old method) but the macros use newer methods of sending keys that may be more compatible. Did the sensitivity fix the mouse issues you had?
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool
Yep the sensitivity fixed the mouse movement, I'll try the macros and report back in. Thanks for the help!
Thanks m8 it worked! Smile
The sensitivity fix works when I activate it while the profile is on, but if I start the profile before turning the controller on I get the same issue where the mouse is at the top edge of the screen. The macros worked with the face buttons, but I wasn't able to connect the macros with the stick movements.

I think I'm starting to get the hang of the macros, but for something like jumping in the game would I set the macro to "press and release" or just "press"?
(08-02-2014, 01:39 AM)esareias Wrote: The sensitivity fix works when I activate it while the profile is on, but if I start the profile before turning the controller on I get the same issue where the mouse is at the top edge of the screen. The macros worked with the face buttons, but I wasn't able to connect the macros with the stick movements.

I think I'm starting to get the hang of the macros, but for something like jumping in the game would I set the macro to "press and release" or just "press"?

you always want to have a release somewhere otherwise it will just spam the key even when the macro is released, the equivalent of a keyboard stuck key.

Is there a toggle option available for custom mappings? Was looking for one earlier and didn't see it.
(08-02-2014, 04:40 AM)Sleix Wrote: Is there a toggle option available for custom mappings? Was looking for one earlier and didn't see it.

What do you mean? You can specify different profiles if you are constantly switching mappings.

(08-02-2014, 04:41 AM)jhebbel Wrote: What do you mean? You can specify different profiles if you are constantly switching mappings.

I mean a simple on/off toggle for mappings.

For instance, in J2K's DS4Windows, there's a tickbox in the window where you select what you're mapping whatever button to that lets you make that button a toggle instead of only working while held.