Insane quality: How?
(03-17-2013, 06:32 PM)DramaticTension Wrote: So a 460 and an i5 won't cut it? Seems kinda ridiculous. I can run the thing at full HD internally, and I get the chops even when I'm playing in the original resolution. Somehow I don't think machine capability is a factor here.

Don't compare native games with the emulation. Most PC games put the bulk of graphic processing on the GPU and run the code as it comes, the emulator must translate everything to something the PC understand before ever passing it to actual machine output. Besides, greater part of graphics are emulated on the CPU (VU just as example).

And finally, despite being an old I5, that one is a dual core (despite stating 4 logical cores) what prevents the MTVU experimental hack to be applied.

People with newer i5 and i7 with 4 actual cores may have issues with some games.

That your CPU performs worse than newer AMD even, so, it is far from powerful by modern terms.

PS: It's simple actually, if you can play without speedhacks all the times, the machine is powerful enough for the specific game emulation, else you need more powerful machine, whatever it is.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

(03-17-2013, 06:48 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Don't compare native games with the emulation.

I wasn't. I meant I can run the D3D in full HD and still get 60 FPS 95% of the time. I do understand these games were not coded for PC architecture.

Quote:And finally, despite being an old I5, that one is a dual core (despite stating 4 logical cores) what prevents the MTVU experimental hack to be applied.

I now have it running without any hacks whatsoever.

Quote:That your CPU performs worse than newer AMD even, so, it is far from powerful by modern terms.

PCSX2 uses circa 50% of my processors power, almost never more than that.
If it's not using it at full power, how can you determine if my processor is too weak?

EDIT: I apologize if I appear rude or in denial, but I just don't understand it fully. Please bear with me.
I dunno why this keeps going? You're already running the game at 100% and you were already told the fluid motion was the result of a motion compensation processing on the video itself. So yeah, it's normal that the game ain't as fluid as that video.

Is there a checkbox to enable that super thingy on PCSX2 ? Long answer: No.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
(03-18-2013, 02:49 AM)KrossX Wrote: I dunno why this keeps going? You're already running the game at 100% and you were already told the fluid motion was the result of a motion compensation processing on the video itself. So yeah, it's normal that the game ain't as fluid as that video.

Is there a checkbox to enable that super thingy on PCSX2 ? Long answer: No.

I concur. I thank everyone for their time and concern, but this thread has fulfilled it's purpose. Open for closure.