Installing on 64bit
So I've been looking at the Ubuntu/Debian installer thread since I'm running Linux Mint 14.
I'm a tad worried that installing it from the PPA might not be entirely safe since I'm running a 64bit system. Are my worries unfounded?

Sponsored links

Based on which Ubuntu/Debian version? Do you know if you support multiarch on your distribution?
Could you try this command:
Quote:dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
says i386

And I think Linux mint 14 is based on Ubuntu 12.04
The PPA is the best, most preferred way of using pcsx2 on your 64 bit distro, be it Ubuntu or Mint. I personally use the PPA. It works without any problems at all.

And Mint 14 is based on Quantal, Ubuntu 12.10.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Also while running a game its kinda choppy and the status window keeps going: "GIF STALL" and "IPU GIF STALL"
Nobody has any idea what's causing that?
That not important. It just mean it would be slow, emulation isn't perfect.
Well it kind of is important. Is there no way to speed things up?
When we get hardware mode reliably it will get faster. Buggy Linux gpu drivers and the fact that it's just gregory (whatever happened to arcum?) makes for slow development. But there is hope... Smile
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Unfortunately in this case a faster GS won't help probably. It feel like an issue with PCSX2, try to search the window forum for special configuration dedicated to your games. However I'm surprise that you see this dev warning, are you sure you build a release build and you didn't enable extra logging?