Instant BSOD when starting PCSX2 (and other emulators)
Hello guys,

so I wanted to use PCSX2 and when I start the programm I instantly get an BSOD with the Error Code "Kernel Security Check Failure".
When I try to login again, I get the same BSOD directly when logged in. Only if I go into safe mode and even if I do nothing at all and just log out again and log in normally I don't get an BSOD on login. Also in safe mode it runs without problems. I also have the exact same problem with the PS3 Emulator RPCS3, the PS1 Emulator ePSX and The Gamecube/Wii emulator Dolphin.
I already reinstalled the programm. Installed on SSD with windows and my extra HDD. I switched the RAM's to check if a slot or a single RAM is faulty to no avail. I ran disk checks on both and the Memory Check and ran the Driver check. Also I ran the system file check. I updated evey single driver and Windows is on newest update. Not one single other programm does this. I also read about (de)activating Hyper-V which also did nothing. Also disabling the Driver verifier did nothing.
I just build this PC a few days ago. And ofc i could just reset my PC again, but bc it's all fairly new on it I doubt when I install everything again it will do something else.
I could't find a log file to post. ig bc PCSX2 never even really starts up and in safe mode it can't safe log files.
I've heard a lot that this Error is caused by Drivers, but i really have no clue which Driver it could be.
I hope someone of you has a clue how to find the Driver/error and how to fix it.
All help is really appreciated.
If you need any more info let me know.
Specs: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Gigabyte B360 HD3
i7-8700 6x 3.2 GHz
ASRock Radeon RX560 Phantom Gamin 2G
G.Skill DIMM 2x8GB DDR4-2666

EDIT:
I attached a picture of the log in safe mode.
Also one from my 2nd screen as it frooze while the crash log was created on my main screen.
You can see the message with "GS Plugin file was not found". I get that too in safe mode, but then I change the Plugin and it looks like in the attached image. It stays even when i restart the program. But when I log out of safe mode and login in normal mode again, the message returns. Could that somehow create the BSOD? I mean I get that too in safe mode, but it doesn't crash there, so it seems unlikely to me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

try use "reset my pc" and manually install the driver w/o using the driver verifier it could may have malware on that verifier.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
did you check what "Kernel security Check Failure means" ?
I remember seeing this with a non-updated mobo bios. AC power was causing BSODs on a laptop
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Have you overclocked anything? You should start ruling out stuff one by one, start by RAM with memtest
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-20-2019, 02:25 PM)Bositman Wrote: Have you overclocked anything? You should start ruling out stuff one by one, start by RAM with memtest
No overclocking and I already ran the RAM check and everything is okay.
(06-20-2019, 02:20 PM)jesalvein Wrote: did you check what "Kernel security Check Failure means" ?
I remember seeing this with a non-updated mobo bios. AC power was causing BSODs on a laptop
Yeah, but like it's really vague and actually could have a lot of reasons. It's something about that some file is corrupted and failed some kind of check.
I updated my BIOS and sadly it didn't help. Thanks for the suggestion though.
What version of Windows 10 do you have? I remembering getting bug checks during 19H1 development, which ended up being version 1903. You might need to rollback to an older update.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
PCSX2 works on 1903.. thats what I'm running.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
It's possible that an update fixed this issue when Microsoft was bug-squashing v1903 for RTM release. If you are running v1903, then try updating Windows.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
What anti-virus program are you using and did you change any of the settings in the Windows Security app? I think in Safe mode some anti-virus programs get disabled and I think the security settings are set back to default. One of those could potentially be blocking something important.
The Mini(ITX) Box V2 a.k.a. Nighthawk
Ryzen 7 3700X | 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming | EVGA GTX 1660Ti SC Ultra Gaming | Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | EVGA 600BQ
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit