Intel Core i5 3210M + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M - Max Performance Configuration?
Well I did a quick bit of research. The results are eye-opening. O_O
I checked CPU info but there's no data for my specific CPU. >_>

Results:
This is my GPU. It is classified as a 'High End' card.
This is your GPU. It is classified as a 'Mid-Range' card.

Analysis:
Despite having double the GPU memory AND memory speed, the card still underperforms against my stock card that is ~2ish years old and at least a generation behind yours.

General Recommendations:
You have the unfortunate problem of being in Windows 8 rather than 8.1. I suggest you grab that free update and do the necessary slipstream/reinstall as needed. If you try to do an in-place update you may encounter other random glitches/hassles that would be mitigated by starting 'fresh'. Consult a techie friend near you for details.
If at all possible, I'd highly recommend downgrading to Windows 7 SP1 instead. There's absolutely nothing in Windows 8 or 8.1 that makes it worth the hassle. It is a far less mature platform and with developers only now starting to get used to the Windows Vista/7 UAC restrictions and coding appropriately for them, the Windows 8/8.1 paradigm is yet more crap they have to deal with (that Metro interface, ugh).

PCSX2 Recommendations:
You'll need to make do with 2x or native resolution for most games. Use the latest PCSX2 from SVN.
You can try doing Bilinear filtering (have the filter box filled in instead of a checkmark) since that is what a real PS2 does and it is slightly less system intensive.
Use all the speedhacks except 'Fast CD/DVD' since that one messes up a few games. Rip your PS2 games to ISO so that you avoid the much slower optical drive read delays.
I don't ever bother with cycle-stealing on my rig, but you might need to experiment with those options.

Game-Specific Recommendations:
There are certain games you pretty much won't be able to play at a playable framerate without major bugs/glitches from the cycle-stealing hacks.
Valkyrie Profile 2 will likely be one of them.

Sponsored links

(12-09-2013, 06:37 AM)darkwraith007 Wrote: Well I did a quick bit of research. The results are eye-opening. O_O

Results:
This is my GPU. It is classified as a 'High End' card.
This is your GPU. It is classified as a 'Mid-Range' card.

Analysis:
Despite having double the GPU memory AND memory speed, the card still underperforms against my stock card that is ~2ish years old and at least a generation behind yours.

General Recommendations:
You have the unfortunate problem of being in Windows 8 rather than 8.1. I suggest you grab that free update and do the necessary slipstream/reinstall as needed. If you try to do an in-place update you may encounter other random glitches/hassles that would be mitigated by starting 'fresh'. Consult a techie friend near you for details.
If at all possible, I'd highly recommend downgrading to Windows 7 SP1 instead. There's absolutely nothing in Windows 8 or 8.1 that makes it worth the hassle. It is a far less mature platform and with developers only now starting to get used to the Windows Vista/7 UAC restrictions and coding appropriately for them, the Windows 8/8.1 paradigm is yet more crap they have to deal with (that Metro interface, ugh).

PCSX2 Recommendations:
You'll need to make do with 2x or native resolution for most games. Use the latest PCSX2 from SVN.
You can try doing Bilinear filtering (have the filter box filled in instead of a checkmark) since that is what a real PS2 does and it is slightly less system intensive.
Use all the speedhacks except 'Fast CD/DVD' since that one messes up a few games. Rip your PS2 games to ISO so that you avoid the much slower optical drive read delays.
I don't ever bother with cycle-stealing on my rig, but you might need to experiment with those options.

Game-Specific Recommendations:
There are certain games you pretty much won't be able to play at a playable framerate without major bugs/glitches from the cycle-stealing hacks.
Valkyrie Profile 2 will likely be one of them.

Your point is?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I think he was just trying to help me with the best settings Smile
Set EE cyclerate to 1. MTVU hack might help but it's designed for quad cores. To keep your CPU running at 2.9ghz use a program called Throttlestop but make sure you keep an eye on temps.
EE cyclerate helps alot Tongue MTVU too Smile