Intel NUC6i7KYK
(05-13-2019, 02:54 AM)smartstrike Wrote: i wonder it could be a mini-PC or a PC on a stick(just plug it in to the TV's hdmi)...

therefore.....he cannot change its CPU and GPU either since that PC on a stick thing is not a LGA and pci-e.....it's all on a single non-removable chip
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stick_PC

i wonder if it's runnable with 3 nox instances.

What do you mean by '3 nox instances'?  What's a nox instance?

(05-12-2019, 03:25 AM)CK1 Wrote: Screenshot of the game window with the title bar would help (showing EE and GS percentages)

I will see if I can capture this for you; thank you!

Sponsored links

(05-12-2019, 12:11 AM)gtgamer468 Wrote: That game might be more demanding than your other games. If this is a desktop PC, you should see if you can upgrade your graphics card. AMD and NVidia are great cards you can use.

In retrospect I wouldn't get an inclusive like this again; I bought it off a recommendation on YouTube; it's actually a pretty good video, although he didn't actually play Champions of Norrath on it, it's great as a recommended emulator!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9CIs6IawRg&t=14s
(05-12-2019, 12:11 AM)gtgamer468 Wrote: That game might be more demanding than your other games. If this is a desktop PC, you should see if you can upgrade your graphics card. AMD and NVidia are great cards you can use.

That's for the feedback; I technically could upgrade the graphics card but I would need to get an external GPU housing and then buy another graphics card.  I would imagine I would need to get at least a GTX 1050 for this game to run well, does that sound about right?  

I've also read that sometimes (especially with games like Champions of Norrath- Snowblind studios specially) it's more about the game emulator vs the computer hardware?

(05-13-2019, 02:19 PM)StriFe Wrote: So what the 1900 STP is with the best possible circumstances?

What's 1900 STP?
Single threaded performance - basically how well the CPU can handle a heavy single thread. Emulators and non multi threaded optimized games rely on a single fast thread (with some extra being run on other threads), so for these applications STP is important. Multi threaded performance helps with multi tasking, video rendering (with a modern encoder), and other conversion/creation type applications (as well as other things).

Yes passmark's rating is bassed an average of the submitted results. For the 6770hq the sample size is 388 and can include all form factors that CPU is found in. Some with better cooling (or worse cooling). So it is not the best possible, but it is not a guaranteed level of performance either. That is why I warn people when they buy laptops or sff computers that are on the edge of performance thresholds since if it runs below average it could get worse performance then the numbers might suggest. Also passmark is not testing CPU and GPU usage at the same time which can disproportionately effect laptop and iGPU users since power and thermals are effected by the load on the GPU.
(05-13-2019, 08:53 PM)Mackracer Wrote: What do you mean by '3 nox instances'?  What's a nox instance?

nox emulator
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Make sure you have dual channel ram (two RAM bones) like 2x4GB or 2x8GB inf not already
Always install newest intel drivers. Check this time
Enable speed hacks. Actually test them. Just for start, test preset balanced, then agressive and see if that helps in speed
Nox is an Android emulator, which isn't even that heavy Smile
(05-15-2019, 05:21 AM)sirdaniel Wrote: Make sure you have dual channel ram (two RAM bones) like 2x4GB or 2x8GB inf not already
Always install newest intel drivers. Check this time
Enable speed hacks. Actually test them. Just for start, test preset balanced, then agressive and see if that helps in speed

he can't it's a PC stick as stick as a flash drive.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel