Intel NUC6i7KYK
Photo 

Hello-

I recently ripped a copy of my Champions Of Norrath (Snowblind) onto my computer and I've been having issues with it running smoothly on my Intel Skull NUC6i7KYK; which I bought specifically for emulation.

Champions of Norrath gets noticeably slower whenever a lot of enemies or NPCS  are on the screen and in the forested areas, additionally the sound seems to slow at the same time.  Nothing I have tried has improved the experience. 

Every other game I've tried works fine.

Here are the specs of the Intel SKull
  • 6th generation Intel® Core™ i7-6770HQ
  • Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 580
  • 8 GB DDR
  • 250GB SSD
  • Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
  • I running this via HDMI on a 65 inch Sony LCD.

I've tried Psx2 1.4 (binary also) as well as the Psx2 1.5 developer version.
I've also tried Direct3D 11-Hardware/Software and Open GL.  It runs 'best' on Direct3D 11 (Hardware).

Here are my current GS Plugin settings-
  •     The 'adapter' is set to my video card: (Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 580)
  •     Interlacing is listed as  'Automatic (default)'
  •     Texture filtering is listed as  'bilinar/PS2'
  •     I've have 'Allow 8-bit Textures' enabled.
  •     Internal Resolution is listed as  'Native (PS2)'.
  •     Mipmapping/CRC Hack Level is listed as 'Automatic(default)'
  •     I have 'Enable HW Hacks' selected and have 'Fast Texture Invalidation' checked.
  •     I have no speed hacks enabled because I have no idea what they do.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I've attached two screen shots.

-M R

Sponsored links

That game might be more demanding than your other games. If this is a desktop PC, you should see if you can upgrade your graphics card. AMD and NVidia are great cards you can use.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
Screenshot of the game window with the title bar would help (showing EE and GS percentages)
(05-12-2019, 12:11 AM)gtgamer468 Wrote: That game might be more demanding than your other games. If this is a desktop PC, you should see if you can upgrade your graphics card. AMD and NVidia are great cards you can use.

A NUC is a very specific, prepackaged, little box of a PC typically intended for low profile uses like kiosks and terminals. There is absolutely no chance of installing any kind of PCI device to these. At best, the CPU might be replaceable but the mobo is likely tuned specifically to the installed CPU.
i wonder it could be a mini-PC or a PC on a stick(just plug it in to the TV's hdmi)...

therefore.....he cannot change its CPU and GPU either since that PC on a stick thing is not a LGA and pci-e.....it's all on a single non-removable chip
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stick_PC

i wonder if it's runnable with 3 nox instances.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
But it does have an acceptable CPU. Its STP is around 1900, which is above the required 1500. The games don't sound as demanding either. That was the reason for him to use Software renderer.
PC Specs:
Quote:The games don't sound as demanding either
I just hope you aren't talking about Champions of Norrath ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-13-2019, 06:25 AM)jesalvein Wrote: I just hope you aren't talking about Champions of Norrath ?

I'm not talking about Champions of Norrath. I was talking about the other games that he have as he said that those games are running just fine. I remembered that this topic is mainly about Champions of Norrath.
PC Specs:
You also should keep in mind for sff (small form factor) computers, laptops, and tablets that passmark's single threaded scores are based on a CPU being able to maintain it's turbo boost clock. The Devil's Canyon NUC hits 100c pretty easily and then clocks back down to it's base clock of 2.6GHz under sustained high CPU loads especially if you add in GPU loads too. This can effect performance as well.
So what the 1900 STP is with the best possible circumstances?