Intel Turbo Boost = Micro Stutter/Lag?
Maybe your HDD is slow.

Sponsored links

please check cpu-z and gpu-z readings during the slowdowns. If you have dynamically over- or underclocking it will be visible. Please check especially but not only clock rates of your cpu and gpu using these programs.
Oh, okay cool. What will disabling it do though? Also, I've just downloaded cpu-z and gpu-z but I'm not really sure if I can really tell if somethings off or if I'm looking at the correct readings. In gpu-z, I notice that the core clock jumps from around 1227MHz to like 899MHz from startup to in-game. I don't know, the best way that I can describe the issue is by labeling it as frame drops maybe. :/
(03-01-2015, 04:08 AM)Mr Evasive Wrote: Oh, okay cool. What will disabling it do though?
Intel speed step makes your OS to control your CPU's clockspeed. disabling it will make your processor use full potential of it when, it needs to. whereas when speed step is enabled, the CPU usage is mostly prioritized to background processes than, real time applications.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-01-2015, 06:59 AM)ssakash Wrote: Intel speed step makes your OS to control your CPU's clockspeed. disabling it will make your processor use full potential of it when, it needs to. whereas when speed step is enabled, the CPU usage is mostly prioritized to background processes than, real time applications.

Are you sure ??
It just make your cpu never run for nothing, so thats good, I use it and everybody should use it, the voltage also varies, you got less heat, etc etc.

Quote:I notice that the core clock jumps from around 1227MHz to like 899MHz from startup to in-game
In game you should have the maximum frequency, here you set 3,9ghz. The speedstep/turboboost don't cause no lags or nothing, if your cpu dont run at full speed its because it didnt need it. I got a 2500k its at 1600mhz when I do nothing, its at 4,5ghz when im on emulation.
If its at 899mhz during a game, you got a problem.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert
(03-01-2015, 12:13 PM)Coma Wrote: Are you sure ??
It just make your cpu never run for nothing, so thats good, I use it and everybody should use it, the voltage also varies, you got less heat, etc etc.
It also limits your CPU usage on most applications, disabling it prevented the random lag at some games for me. It's your Call whether you want to disable it or not.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
dynamical adjustment of clock rates can always have a slight lag. This is especially important for applications where the demand changes often as 2D/3D-mixture applications. There you can have stuttering in the beginning of 3D rendered scenes.

Regarding cpu-z and gpu-z:
PLease open pcsx2, cpu-z, gpu-z.
Check for base clock rate indicators/readings in cpu-z and gpu-z. While game/emulation is running fluently note those values.
Go into some demanding scene where you observe slowdowns. How are the values now.
Move further until the game is fluent again... How are the values now?
Usually the clock never adjust during a game because its allways at maximum speed, I never had a single problems, first time I see someone talking about that.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert
You never know, the clock speed might be adjusted to a lower value at any less demanding scenes, you can monitor the changes with CPU-Z if, you're still not trusting the info, it's your choice.
- Refraction
I fixed the problem everyone! Thanks a lot for all of your helpful feedback/suggestions, I greatly do appreciate it. Smile All I did was enable vsync in GS Window and lower my internal resolution from 5x Native to 4x because there was a massive slowdown in one or spots and now all seems to be fine. Gameplay is smooth with a rare frame drop here and there but without any stutter/lag. To be honest, I'm actually a bit surprised though since from what I've read having vsync off actually helped some people out with issues that they were having. It happened to be the complete opposite for me thankfully lol. Laugh