Intentionally lowering frame rates to slow down gameplay
(10-16-2014, 03:01 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: The point being the base frame rate is the reference the emulator uses for synchronizing and timings and should not be changed lightly. changing the turbo still leaves the correct reference for the emulator's usage.

This is what I'm trying to understand better. Since the base frame rate for NTSC games is listed as 59.94, using the slow motion / turbo adjusts on that produce odd numbers. Like a 96 slow motion adjust would change an NTSC game from 59.94 to 57.54. Whereas on PAL that same adjust would adjust it to an even 48.00.

I am guessing that the emulator / game would perform better on round even-numbered frame rates like 48.00. The reason why I think this is because there are some games that only run on 54.00, 56.00, and 59.94. (not on 55.00 for example)

So I could just leave the base frame rate at 59.94, and use slow-motion adjust from there, but you don't end up with round numbers so I thought it better to change it to 50.00 (for NTSC) and slo-mo adjust from there. Do you see any reason why that would cause a problem? I thought using the slow-mo turbo adjust from 59.94 could cause some problems with the new frame rate not being an even standard whole number. If I am wrong about this, then please let me know. Thanks.

Sponsored links

(10-16-2014, 03:38 PM)planetps2 Wrote: This is what I'm trying to understand better. Since the base frame rate for NTSC games is listed as 59.94, using the slow motion / turbo adjusts on that produce odd numbers. Like a 96 slow motion adjust would change an NTSC game from 59.94 to 57.54. Whereas on PAL that same adjust would adjust it to an even 48.00.

I am guessing that the emulator / game would perform better on round even-numbered frame rates like 48.00. The reason why I think this is because there are some games that only run on 54.00, 56.00, and 59.94. (not on 55.00 for example)

So I could just leave the base frame rate at 59.94, and use slow-motion adjust from there, but you don't end up with round numbers so I thought it better to change it to 50.00 (for NTSC) and slo-mo adjust from there. Do you see any reason why that would cause a problem? I thought using the slow-mo turbo adjust from 59.94 could cause some problems with the new frame rate not being an even standard whole number. If I am wrong about this, then please let me know. Thanks.

Probably nothing going wrong, anyway nothing game breaking for sure, on the other hand there is no problem at all with odd or non round numbers as well. just that I believe changing the turbo parameters you need to do only once and then then change the speed on the fly second the currently played game just hitting the respective keys.

On the other hand, every change on base parameters should be avoided and securely not advised/recommended at all in a general fashion, there is no warranty it couldn't break some game badly and the user might forget he/she ever messed with them, remember the emulator won't return to the default state just by quitting as it would if the changes were just on the turbo.
Imagination is where we are truly real
What I did to complete this mini-game is go into config>emulation settings and just change the turbo adjust to 75% or 80% if you prefer. Press tab to active the " turbo" and it should give you the desired speed you're looking for. Biggrin  

Hope it helps!

sincerely,

Brandon
aka
Madethisaccountstrictlyforthispost. lol