Interesting glitch from EE overclock!
I found a kind of unique and interesting glitch from EE OC I thought I'd share. I'm not looking for support or anything like that, I just thought it was kind of interesting!

So basically Soul Calibur II benefits pretty well from the OC. 90% of stages are noticeably smoother. About 10% of them stutter though. But anyway what's interesting is that I noticed having the EE OC'd basically causes the timing of the game to freak out in an interesting way. Of course I know why it happens, but I would have expected to see effects like this in a LOT more games with the OC honestly. Since this is the first time I've seen it, I thought I'd share.

Basically after a round the camera moves itself back to the starting position while the "You Win/Lose" is on the screen. But with OC sometimes that freaks out. I've wound up with the camera starting completely behind the opponent for instance! As soon as the new round starts the camera snaps to where it should be so it doesn't break anything. But it's really weird to see the camera moving all crazily like that.

Obviously this is a timing issue caused by OC and stuff. Nothing needs to be fixed, just thought it was interesting. Anyone else come across glitches like this with OC? I'd expect them to happen a lot more than they do.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

It's not really that weird, just concerning. Any game that ties logic to execution speed on a multi thread machine is prone to glitching out.
It most likely wouldn't ever happen on a real PS2 but in emulation, chances go up.
Also see: That Bomberman Kart game intro Wink
(05-11-2016, 11:17 AM)rama Wrote: It's not really that weird, just concerning. Any game that ties logic to execution speed on a multi thread machine is prone to glitching out.
It most likely wouldn't ever happen on a real PS2 but in emulation, chances go up.
Also see: That Bomberman Kart game intro Wink

Gamebyro/Creation Engine on PC is great at doing this

When you link physics to framerate; you're gonna have a bad time  Glare