Internal resolution scaling apparently not working
(01-02-2018, 06:09 PM)vsub Wrote: I just tried Jak 1 and FF12 and both work fine...

Doesn't make any sense to me, I always had this issue for years with the same games (even on my old computer and either with Win 7, 8 or 10). I'm not saying you're lying of course, it just leaves me with no idea what the issue can be then.

Could you please attach an ingame screenshot? And your INI files, so I can backup mine and test yours.

(01-02-2018, 06:25 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: Same here vsub...I can confirm that when I changed the IR for Jak 1, it did apply the changes.  Couldn't test it on FF12 cause I don't own that game.  I'm also using the latest GIT build, but I don't recall ever having a problem with it not scaling correctly

You're missing the point, which is to simply change to a game which you know scales properly.
PCSX2: 1.5.0 dev build
GS: GSdx32-AVX2, OGL (Hardware)
> My settings <

CPU: i3-4160 3.6GHz
GPU: GTX 1050 Ti
RAM: 2 x 4GB DDR3 798MHz

Sponsored links

(01-02-2018, 06:26 PM)MetalTxus Wrote: Could you please attach an ingame screenshot? And your INI files, so I can backup mine and test yours.

There isn't any point in posting my ini file because I just downloaded the latest beta and directly run the games without configuring anything(I went to the GSdx settings after I stated the games)

And I also notest something from your screenshot,as far as I know,the eyes are displayed correctly only while using any of the renderers but in software mode and if you are running in software mode,changing the scalling modes will do nothing.

That also remind me,the problem I was having was that even tho I was choosing hw mode,the change was not applied until I press F9 to switch between SW=>HW mode

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   GSdx.zip (Size: 358 bytes / Downloads: 87)
(01-02-2018, 06:52 PM)vsub Wrote: There isn't any point in posting my ini file because I just downloaded the latest beta and directly run the games without configuring anything(I went to the GSdx settings after I stated the games)

And I also notest something from your screenshot,as far as I know,the eyes are displayed correctly only while using any of the renderers but in software mode and if you are running in software mode,changing the scalling modes will do nothing.

That also remind me,the problem I was having was that even tho I was choosing hw mode,the change was not applied until I press F9 to switch between SW=>HW mode

The eyes are displayed properly with the latest OGL version as well, which is the one I posted the screenshot for.

You say the INI files were the default ones so I'm gonna try that and come back with feeback.
> My settings <

(01-02-2018, 06:57 PM)MetalTxus Wrote: The eyes are displayed properly with the latest OGL version as well, which is the one I posted the screenshot for.

Well I am using the latest pcsx2 beta and OpenGL HW Mode(as you can see in the game window title bar)
(01-02-2018, 06:59 PM)vsub Wrote: Well I am using the latest pcsx2 beta and OpenGL HW Mode(as you can see in the game window title bar)

But your screenshot is from Final Fantasy XII, which I have no issues with, so I don't get your point.
> My settings <

The title bar shows at what internal resolution you are running and which renderer you are using "GSdx OGL HW"
Does it say that when you are running Jak at lets say 3x scaling.

Edit:Can you show me a screenshot like I did(not in fullscreen or pressing F8)and post your logs\emulog.txt file
Crash Twinsanity.

Native:
[Image: V0lsOf7.png]

5x Native:
[Image: alHPXbC.png]

Upscaling works fine. It's definitely something on your side.

Like vsub said, just because you're logged into an administrator account, does not stop Windows from screwing up permissions from time to time. It certainly seems to act as if permissions are a possible cause here.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
With Crash it's less noticeable but you can still see the pixelation up close. I was wrong when I said it looks like native resolution as you've just proved but still both Jak Y Crash look pixelated even at x8 res.

I still refuse to even consider the permissions being an issue though as, as before said, I can switch to any other game where this issue doesn't apply and I get 1080p without any visible pixelation.

BTW, I tried the emulator with the default settings (by renaming my INI files folder) and everything still behaved the same.
> My settings <

What exactly are you seeing that's "pixelated?" Can you post a picture with an arrow/circle of some sort?

It sounds like you may be confusing aliasing or pixelated sprites in relation to resolution.
It can't be permisions related if it happens only on certain games.
Btw,I don't know if this can be the case but for example on PPSSPP(PSP emulator)when I was using 17inch monitor,everything was looking perfect,but when I switched to 24 inch monitor,no matter what I tried(even 10x scaling and 5x AA),there were some things that just don't look good and that's because some games just don't scale well after a certain point or some things can't be scaled.

It will be nice to show a screenshot like I told you at native and some higher resolution