Intrusive Net Neutrality "Pop-up Ad"
I recently noticed that this stupid pop up will appear when any user connects to pcsx2.net regardless of on mobile or desktop. I know it's temporary most likely, but do we want to do anything to get rid of it? I'm also running UBlock Origin btw.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Uh yeah, we should do something about that IMO. It makes the site look very shady(regardless of it's purpose). And yeah I use uBlock too and I see it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Just a few minor CSS edits should do it.
Now the hard part is finding Bositman. I guess he'll be on in 2-3 hours.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(11-22-2017, 11:13 PM)lightningterror Wrote: Just a few minor CSS edits should do it.
Now the hard part is finding Bositman. I guess he'll be on in 2-3 hours.

FWIW, it's not exactly that easy as editing some CSS scripts. I would still consider this a sort of Javascript Injection Attack. The real question is who/how this is being injected this into our site. The Github source states that this is the single line of code needed to execute it on any site. It just goes to show even with the best intentions, somebody's work can be used for the wrong purpose - and maliciously if you want to call it that.

Code:
<script src="https://widget.battleforthenet.com/widget.js" async></script>

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I added it after considering it with akasha and refraction. If you feel the purpose to not be worth pressing an x button once, that's too bad for you if you ask me. It will stay there until it's purpose is fulfilled.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
The thing is it isn't clear that it's not just some suspect popup on some suspect site. I know what it's about and I could tell from the start it wasn't some random thing. But most users will likely not know.That's my issue with it. Some users will be driven away by it because of that. But if you want it there that's your prerogative.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(11-23-2017, 01:19 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: The thing is it isn't clear that it's not just some suspect popup on some suspect site. I know what it's about and I could tell from the start it wasn't some random thing. But most users will likely not know.That's my issue with it. Some users will be driven away by it because of that. But if you want it there that's your prerogative.

I thought it was a random site lol. I guess a little heads up would've been nice, but I can understand not wanting to tell us.
(11-23-2017, 01:19 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: The thing is it isn't clear that it's not just some suspect popup on some suspect site. I know what it's about and I could tell from the start it wasn't some random thing. But most users will likely not know.That's my issue with it. Some users will be driven away by it because of that. But if you want it there that's your prerogative.

Exactly my thoughts as well. I also know what's it about.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
While i'm completely in favor of net neutrality(who isn't), but this is just not the way to go about it.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Well if you stop for 5 seconds and read, you will know what it's about.
[Image: newsig.jpg]