Intrusive Net Neutrality "Pop-up Ad"
Blyss let me know we made it to the top list of calls! Seems even if we bothered some, we did make a difference, thanks everyone Laugh

[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

That's awesome to know, the public backlash to the FCC ruling has been massive and public involvement (especially from those in the US) helps to keep the internet open and free.
[Image: zRORpDo.png]
(12-06-2017, 02:33 PM)Akasha Wrote: public involvement (especially from those in the US) helps to keep the internet open and free.

One could hope... but it seems that pajai sh*t does everything in his power to ignore the public.
I'm a bit surprised our site generated that many clicks Tongue
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(12-06-2017, 03:21 PM)avih Wrote: One could hope... but it seems that pajai sh*t does everything in his power to ignore the public.

Yeah as I said on Discord I am afraid our fate is sealed and no amount of noisemaking or congress calling is gonna stop this thing now. The current government has very little interest in listening to what the people actually want. That doesn't mean we should just bend over and take it but I am afraid it's likely too late.

But yeah I was looking at the list of sites driving the most calls and CTRL+F for PCSX2 and what do you know. Seems we've driven 67 individual calls. That might not seem like a lot but if you look at the list in context then yeah it was definitely worthwhile. I guess most people were less suspicious of it than I predicted. Though I'm also sure at least some people were like "Ack! What is this?!" at first. But if it had a positive effect overall then it was indeed worth it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yeah, looks like I was wrong about the popup driving users away.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I refuse to give up on Net Neutrality while this fight isn't in my country (yet) the US is a trend-setter, there are now 2 FCC commissioners who are support Title 2 again Ajit Pai and we shouldn't accept defeat regardless of the ruling.
[Image: zRORpDo.png]
We reached 97 calls Smile     
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Nice! Good job users Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

While I know what this is all about, support it, I dont care how or what site it is doing IF i see POP ups of any kind especial of that type, with the likes of ublock up running, asking for my phone or email and likes, my first thought is WTF, such pop ups is how bad things happen.

I have not been back to Git page since i seen this., Sorry but that kind pop up is dangerous, even if this one isnt. First time i ever seen any pop like here in all there years i been here. and not something I want to see in future.

People use stuff like ublock to block pop ups like that for reason while most are harmless, not all are.

IMO if you want support it just add few lines text to git build page with link to it.

Bottom line that kind ad especial when they by pass things like ublock are Dangerous which almost as bad as site that have pop ups that redirect to another site with for just clicking on one the sites own links.

Support it all you want but dont use ads of that type cause in eyes of many those kinda ads are can be dangerous