Invalid: [Bug Report] Black PAL, player gets stuck on spot
I note you are using 1.1.0, try updating to 1.2.1
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

i was using 1.1.0 back then, i'm now using the build and because the glitches still exist I posted again about it.
did you change the rounding/clamping modes like bositman suggested?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(09-14-2014, 02:13 AM)refraction Wrote: did you change the rounding/clamping modes like bositman suggested?

no change, just like before.
this glitch still happens.

to replicate just start first mission, clear the town hall, exit through upstairs window, walk along edge.

now if you happen to be close to the buildings wall you will suddenly get stuck to the spot when you reach the corner.

if you are not close to the wall you will most likely make it past without getting stuck.

can replicate this again and again, happens in other areas on all levels.

walking into objects causes the player to get teleported sometimes.

walking into objects can cause the player to spaz out, like you get stuck to the object for a second or two then are unstuck. only way to describe it is your view shakes, bobs, stutters, goes nuts.

my guess is not everything in this game has been emulated properly yet.

I first noted this @ http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Black on build r5645

one other user noted a "rare input glitch" but did not explain what it was...could be related? as your controls become useless when you are stuck. you can still look around and shoot the gun etc, just not move or strafe.

only option is to quit / restart.
is anyone willing to find the cause of the glitches in this game?

freezing on spot is what's holding this back from being fully playable Smile

although it would be nice to have sky and graphical effects.

i see four more people have added play test details to the wiki page but none of them mentioned the bugs.

I will send your way Christmas hugs.

edit, crashes and freezes a lot on the last few gits.
is there anyone willing to try and fix this game?

I witnessed the dolphin devs work magic and make the rogue squadron games work over christmas.

can a pcsx2 dev work some magic on this game? i'd love to be able to play it upscaled without getting stuck on object or being thrown across the map. one of the best games on the ps2 and looks great when emulated on the pc but the glitches make it fairly hard to complete.

the only plus is it runs full speed.
For a start, dunno if the devs do have this game...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-10-2015, 07:36 PM)jesalvein Wrote: For a start, dunno if the devs do have this game...

you have a point.
one of the developers must have a copy lurking around? I refuse to give up on this game, it's the only reason I follow pcsx2.
it was my favourite game on the xbox and since there's no emulator for that system (that works) I have to play it on the ps2.

just wish it worked properly or at least without the glitches on the emulator, I can do without the extra visual effects but the glitches are game breaking.