Invalid: [Bug Report] Crash Twinsanity Bug [NTSC-U]
# PCSX2 version: Latest GitHub release (18th May)
# CPU options: EE/IOP defaults, VUs defaults (also tested EE/IOP clamping to Full and VUs clamping to Extra+Preserve sign)
# Plugins used: Latest GitHub plug-ins
# Description: In the Rooftop Rampage level, Nina (the playable character) wont grab the last hook in a specific part, and the last hook is high enough to kill her (lose a life), which is boring. I need to turn off speedhacks so that the game is slow enough I react at the right moment, but I tested this in a fast PC (around 3.5-4 GHz, in my friend's house) without speedhacks and it still persists.

This works fine when I played in my friend's PS2.

I'm not sure but I think it affects the PAL region too (haven't tested).
CPU:
Intel Core2 Duo T5450 (1.666 GHz)
[Image: gzztty.png]
GPU:
Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family (500 MHz)
GPU-Z Validation
Other:
RAM: DDR2-666 (2 GB)
---
Not a gaming PC, but I'll try to get a better one in the future.

Sponsored links

Have you tried changing the clamping and rounding modes?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

So the game runs too fast to grab that hook? If you play in slow-mo it works? So grabbing is not a problem? Is the hook moving and it is too fast?
(For the future you can also toggle slowmo with Shift+Tab. You don't need to turn off speedhacks.)
(05-20-2014, 09:50 PM)willkuer Wrote: So the game runs too fast to grab that hook? If you play in slow-mo it works? So grabbing is not a problem? Is the hook moving and it is too fast?
(For the future you can also toggle slowmo with Shift+Tab. You don't need to turn off speedhacks.)
Yeah, exactly. I don't see why this happens in PCSX2 at around 70-90% speed yet you can easily grab the hook at 100% speed. And no, the hook doesn't move.

Oh, right, I forgot about slow-mo mode. XD
CPU:
GPU:
GPU-Z Validation
Other:
---
Here is the part where the bug happens: http://prntscr.com/3l8es2 You WILL fail to grab that gargoyle-hook. I like to call the purple gem there the "Eye of the Beholder" because...

----
I was trying to find ways to come across the bug and I got this: http://i.imgur.com/txsvXdH.png
LOL, apparently it happens when you set VU Round Mode to Nearest. (Oh and that screen is right after the bug.)
The faulty hook gargoyle seems to spasm too.

http://prntscr.com/3l8dsc WTF!!!! Lesson learn: Never set Round Mode to negative.
CPU:
GPU:
GPU-Z Validation
Other:
---
(05-20-2014, 05:01 PM)refraction Wrote: Have you tried changing the clamping and rounding modes?
Yeah, they just screwed up the game. XD
CPU:
GPU:
GPU-Z Validation
Other:
---
Actually the same thing i think happens during the final boss battle where i could NEVER grab the last hook. It might be related and if so, it's an emulation bug.
(05-22-2014, 12:30 AM)Coornio Wrote: Actually the same thing i think happens during the final boss battle where i could NEVER grab the last hook.
No, those hooks are just really tricky. I remember never grabbing it when I was younger. XD If you want a tip, you could SMASH TEH CIRCLE BUTTON until it works, because holding the button is less effective (for some reason). I also make Nina go in the direction of the hook because apparently that helps.
CPU:
GPU:
GPU-Z Validation
Other:
---
(05-22-2014, 06:22 PM)MenDude Wrote: No, those hooks are just really tricky. I remember never grabbing it when I was younger. XD If you want a tip, you could SMASH TEH CIRCLE BUTTON until it works, because holding the button is less effective (for some reason). I also make Nina go in the direction of the hook because apparently that helps.

Well,i don't know how to solve your problem,because i played Crash Twinsanity in PCSX2 just a month ago and i didn't have any problem to relate,game worked fine for me.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Invalid since it either was not reproducible, not a valid bug or otherwise unacceptable for fixing.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Invalid/rejected/duplicate bug reports subforum.