Invalid: [Bug Report] Freezes with black screen when rapidly tapping F4
This freeze started occurring on v1.0.0 and still occurs on the latest development builds. All versions tested were using default settings.
How to reproduce: While playing any game, rapidly press the framelimiter toggle key (F4) at a rate of at least 8 presses per second. Do this for about 1 to 2 seconds, and PCSX2 will say Not Responding while showing a black screen. If I tap F4 as fast as I can, it will show in the Log window that I only enabled/disabled framelimiter 2 or 3 times before it freezes.

Sponsored links

Then, don't do it?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Something is up with the framelimiter toggling. Lately F4 sometimes stops working and I can't switch to and from max anymore and have to use the Tab button to switch back to Normal. There's nothing wrong with the button on the keyboard, it even registered the key with test device in Lilypad, it only stops working as the framelimiter max toggle.
I can definitley agree with you. I think there's a bad overlap between the two functions

When you press Tab, FPS cap moves to 120 by default.

If Turbo is already enabled, FPS Max will cap at Vsync when F4 is pressed. IIRC, pressing F4 again only moves cap back to Turbo mode, and Tab must be used to return to 60.
Agreed and I've also noticed what Flatout said.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Invalid since it either was not reproducible, not a valid bug or otherwise unacceptable for fixing.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Invalid/rejected/duplicate bug reports subforum.