Invalid: [Bug Report] Onimusha: Warlords [PAL]
Pcsx2 version: official 0.9.6 and beta r1888
Cpu eerec on, vurec0 and vurec1 on, MTGS on (beta's microVU0 and microVU1 off)
Plugins used: Gsdx 0.1.14 and 0.1.15(hardware and software, dx10), spu2-x 1.2.0 and 1.1.0, zerospu2 0.4.6, p.e.op.s spu2 1.9.0
Description:
Onimusha Warlords have problem with sound otherwise it works perfect in GPU SW mode. It works for some time(minutes to even hour or so) fine, then high pitch sound on constant frequency(1-5khz) start gradualy to raise its volume until u hear nothing else. Sometimes it reset back and work for a time before starting again. This mostly get fixed on some scene change like passing through doors albeit not always, or when cutscene come. High pitch sound can start anytime, like when u're in same room smashing enemies, it simply just start.

I tested all 3 plugins: P.e.Op.s, SPU2-X and ZeroSPU2, I tried turning on/off interpolation, on P.e.Op.s reverb etc.. it always happen. I tried both 0.9.6 AND beta r1888 with its default plugins. On beta it happen more often I feel. In advanced tab I have everything to nearest/full/extended+preserve sign, all unchecked. In Speed hacks I have clocks on "default" and all hacks disabled. I even tried HW/SW mode on GPU plugin just to be sure. CPU options was on both versions set to "limit FPS" and all checked but in beta microVU(still beta) unchecked.

I have creative SB Titanium pcie with latest drivers but this same problem I remember experiencing alredy months ago I thing it was still 0.9.4 and I had older comp. with onboard realtec. Am sure this is sould plugin problem or comunication between it and emulator.

Now here is some hint: I had SPU2-X and when it started I save-stated and exit, changed plugin to P.e.op.s and run again + load-state. I realized that sword sounded different, it wasn't sound of a sword at all! As if it grabbed different sample from sound library of the game. Sounded more like in menu when u press new game - something like that. Please don't tell me its because I have PAL version, I won't believe it! Using WS2008x64 aka Vistax64. Hope it help...
E7400 @ 3.6Ghz 1.33v, GTX-260 192SP 650/1400/1100/1.05v, 4Gb RAM, Windows Server 2008 x64

Sponsored links

Please re-edit your post into the correct format.
Old habits die hard - System Shock
It's because you have the PAL version.
(09-30-2009, 05:12 PM)icemann Wrote: Please re-edit your post into the correct format.

I did. Hope thats what u meant..
E7400 @ 3.6Ghz 1.33v, GTX-260 192SP 650/1400/1100/1.05v, 4Gb RAM, Windows Server 2008 x64
(09-30-2009, 05:34 PM)rama Wrote: It's because you have the PAL version.

Is it realy true? Is this high-pitch tone known to exist for pal and not ntsc or its only your guess? I looked through forum from top to bottom and didnt find anything about it, assumed nobody may know about it... well, thanks for clearing it up.
I`ve tested the pal version a few times and never ran into that particular bug, though my tests were always short due to ingame models not showing on screen. I assume this was either fixed or SW mode fixes it. Will have to give the game another test at some point.
Old habits die hard - System Shock
(10-01-2009, 09:29 PM)icemann Wrote: I`ve tested the pal version a few times and never ran into that particular bug, though my tests were always short due to ingame models not showing on screen. I assume this was either fixed or SW mode fixes it. Will have to give the game another test at some point.

Hello icemann, thanks for respose. In software mode graphics are working flawless. But when setting number of cores in GPU plugin use at least 1 less as u have real! I have dual-core and 2 threads are MUCH slower than 1. For that sound problem I openned thread for, u have to play for some time it doesn't happen right away especially in begining. Somewhere in middle of game it happened quite sooner and more often because there were less cutscenes whose reset/correct it. Thankfuly game is pretty short to test.
Obviously 2 threads on the GSdx plugin will kill your speed on a dual core. If you se t 2 threads to GSdx, there is no thread left for the core PCSX2 (which does most of the work anyway). So if you want to use Software rendering with GSdx, use 1 thread for dual cores, 3 threads for quad cores etc etc.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-30-2009, 08:08 PM)elite Wrote:
(09-30-2009, 05:34 PM)rama Wrote: It's because you have the PAL version.

Is it realy true? Is this high-pitch tone known to exist for pal and not ntsc or its only your guess? I looked through forum from top to bottom and didnt find anything about it, assumed nobody may know about it... well, thanks for clearing it up.

Rama I should apologize, at time when I wrote that I didn't knew who you are - if YOU say its because of PAL then there is no doubt of course.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Invalid since it either was not reproducible, not a valid bug or otherwise unacceptable for fixing.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Invalid/rejected/duplicate bug reports subforum.