Invalid: [Bug Report] dragon quest VIII [PAL]
(01-15-2016, 03:56 PM)ssakash Wrote:
Code:
Set GS CRTC configuration. Interlace Interlaced. Field Type FIELD. Mode NTSC 640x448 @ 59.940
(59.82)

well, it's as suspected. your PAL game is trying to use NTSC video mode which is weird unless it has been patched to do so... are you sure it's a genuine copy dumped from a DVD without patching anything ?

You catch me there i don´t know how old is this Iso-game i have .

But why in the 1.2.1 no have this problem ?

i mean yeah i can play it on 1.2.1 but in 1.4.0. I have a better performance

and is that the problem well i have to say thanks for all . i mean , i understand the problem is the iso-game, i have.
 I will try to find other truly PAL or Truly NTSC

Sponsored links

(01-15-2016, 04:09 PM)Makey Wrote: You catch me there i don´t know how old is this Iso-game i have .

But why in the 1.2.1 no have this problem ?

i mean yeah i can play it on 1.2.1 but in 1.4.0. I have a better performance

1.2.1 didn't involve any video mode based detection and hence no proper handling of the CRTC output size which caused issues on games like Devil may cry 3 , Sky runners and Tribes: Aerial assault. now there's a proper detection to enforce limitations to the supported resolutions of the respective video modes.

Quote:and is that the problem well i have to say thanks for all . i mean , i understand the problem is the iso-game, i have.
I will try to find other truly PAL or Truly NTSC

Yes, the source of the issue is most likely your ISO. why not try the original disk directly ?
(01-15-2016, 04:24 PM)ssakash Wrote: 1.2.1 didn't involve any video mode based detection and hence no proper handling of the CRTC output size which caused issues on games like Devil may cry 3 , Sky runners and Tribes: Aerial assault. now there's a proper detection to enforce limitations to the supported resolutions of the respective video modes.

Yes, the source of the issue is most likely your ISO. why not try the original disk directly ?

well i using this iso file be cause of my brother.

I thinks he brought this game, from a non original source i guess.

I really thanks for your support man really , and @Bositman.

And i will try to find another game and i will tell if i find another problem.
No worries, Thanks for taking your precious time on reporting the issue. Smile

I'll close this issue after someone with PAL version of this game confirms that the issue is not present. I already got a confirmation from an user that NTSC version doesn't have the reported bug.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Invalid since it either was not reproducible, not a valid bug or otherwise unacceptable for fixing.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Invalid/rejected/duplicate bug reports subforum.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction