Invalid: [Bug Report] dragon quest VIII [PAL]
SORRY FOR MAKE THIS AGAIN BUT, I TRY TO MAKE A QUICK EDIT AND THE POST DISAPPEAR.

* PCSX2 version: 1.2.1 ---- 1.4.0
* Plugins used: GSdx32-SSE2, SPU2-X, pokopom, cddvdGigaherz,rest null plugins
* Plugin settings: default .

1.2.1 --> Plugin settings

[Image: image.php?di=SJL6]

1.4.0 --> Plugin settings

[Image: image.php?di=JQA6]

PC specs:

Win 8.1 64 bit
8GB DDR3 RAM
Intel 4570
1: Test in r9 380x
2: Intel HD 4600

PD: in both of them graphics works perfect

Here The problem

Here In 1.2.1 gsdx 512x512 internal resolution

[Image: image.php?di=II8D]

Here In 1.4.0 gsdx 512x512 internal resolution

[Image: image.php?di=UPXQ]

*1 log file : https://app.box.com/s/zrr2ptihp14ojw0nytjrut8die1hiyuf OR Attachment The log is the PCSX2 1.4.0

At the moment i load the save and i stand at the priest, (and i put the pic there it does matter all the dialogues in game on 1.4.0 show the cut off on the letter box)

The game itself ask you at the beginning if you want 4:3 or 16:9, but that does not affect the screen on 1.2.1 or 1.4.0 . On the Windows Gs the resolution is 16:9 But that does not make any change of the letter problem on both of versions.

I really sorry if a making a lots post, i´m new , and when i try to Edit the main post disappear.

and i hope you understand my English.

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 11,64 KB / Downloads: 188)

Sponsored links

Set renderer to DX11 hardware and try again
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Still the same Plugin settings at default. here a log

If you want a clip of the game, i can do it.

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 11,6 KB / Downloads: 372)
Still the same Plugin settings at default. <--what does that mean?
i mean, no make any change at the config. Hehe sorry

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

OK now set CRC hacks to Full and in the adapter dropdown, select the r9 and try again
@Bositman

It's probably a problem with the GS CRTC output handling, CRC hack won't help.  Related to #1105

and also it's more likely that the user is using a PAL version of the game which is patched up to run on NTSC video mode. that's why I need the information on log to confirm.

By the way, what happened to the older bug report of this game ? ( did it get deleted ? )

@Makey

please provide the emulog after checking the dev/verbose option and reproducing the bug.

[Image: piclog.png]
The pc with the r9 is of my brother he is not in available at the moment but i have an old nvidia 8600 i will test on it. Sorry if causing you a trouble or wasting time .

here the log of the Nvidia 8600 and still the same cut off down at the screen

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 26,47 KB / Downloads: 381)
(01-15-2016, 02:56 PM)ssakash Wrote: @Bositman

It's probably a problem with the GS CRTC output handling, CRC hack won't help.  Related to #1105

and also it's more likely that the user is using a PAL version of the game which is patched up to run on NTSC video mode. that's why I need the information on log to confirm.

By the way, what happened to the older bug report of this game ? ( did it get deleted ? )

@Makey

please provide the emulog after checking the dev/verbose option and reproducing the bug.

Hehe i make a mistake with the oldest post , and reports because i didn't know how to edit it so, i think erase, but instead i make another and i mess up.

ok well here the log with your config.

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 17,79 KB / Downloads: 199)
Code:
Set GS CRTC configuration. Interlace Interlaced. Field Type FIELD. Mode NTSC 640x448 @ 59.940
(59.82)

well, it's as suspected. your PAL game is trying to use NTSC video mode which is weird unless it has been patched to do so... are you sure it's a genuine copy dumped from a DVD without patching anything ?