Invalid: [Bug Report] ops2m demo 33 - WRC II Extreme [PAL]
# PCSX2 versions used: 
  • pcsx2-v1.3.1-1282-g5f78644-windows-x86 (latest dev build)
# Emulation settings: "Safest" preset;

# Plugins used: 
GSdx AVX2 using the OpenGL, DX11 and DX9 renderers and software mode;
cvdvdGigaherz.

# Plugin settings: GSdx - CRC Hack Level "None"

# CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz

# GPU: GeForce GTX 970 (Driver: NVIDIA 358.50)

# Description: 
Spiky polygon syndrome; the only workaround I found is using the "VU XGKick Hack" in Emulation Settings > Gamefixes.
Here's the additional tests I did and their results:
Changes to the EE/FPU "Clamping mode" alone have no effect;
Changes to the EE/FPU "Round Mode" alone have no effect;
EE/IOP interpreter/recompiler have the same effect;
superVU recompiler alone has no effect;
Changes to the VU0/VU1 "Clamping mode" alone has no effect;
Changes to the VU0/VU1 "Round Mode" alone has no effect;
The DX9 and DX11 renderers have an additional problem - vertical black bars with artifacts - which the OpenGL renderer can fix using the "Hardware depth" option.

#Screenshots:
Software mode, "Safest" preset

Software mode, using the VU XGKick Hack

Sponsored links

Vu xgkick hack solves the issue completely? So is this a candidate for gameindex update?
(10-20-2015, 10:39 PM)willkuer Wrote: So is this a candidate for gameindex update?

as long as it doesn't screw up the game in any other way, I don't think it shouldn't be included. what do you think Ref ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(10-20-2015, 10:39 PM)willkuer Wrote: Vu xgkick hack solves the issue completely? So is this a candidate for gameindex update?

Seems like it. Without it I get polygons being streteched and getting in my view. It's good to know an old hack can be used to solve this.
I'd rather have accurate emulation everywhere without any hacks, but I understand that it would be more inefficient than what we have right now...bummer.
The full version of the game has the XGKick hack on by default, this is difficult to do for 1 game in a demo disc so we don't do it.

In fact if demo discs can be fixed by any gamefix, there's little point reporting it Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

@ Refraction

are there any alternative for fixing the SPS rather than delaying XG Kick transfer ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(10-21-2015, 01:56 AM)ssakash Wrote: @ Refraction

are there any alternative for fixing the SPS rather than delaying XG Kick transfer ?

No, the game is written to write some of the data AFTER the XGKick is called, there is no alternative.

All these demo reports are silly, because the issues are mostly the same as in the fullgame as I reported in my compatibility list:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-World-Ral...ES-50934-E

But you can't use the gamefixes for the entire demo, because they might ruin the experience of other games on the disc.
(10-21-2015, 11:41 AM)FlatOut Wrote: All these demo reports are silly, because the issues are mostly the same as in the fullgame as I reported in my compatibility list:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-World-Ral...ES-50934-E

But you can't use the gamefixes for the entire demo, because they might ruin the experience of other games on the disc.

I did check the wiki entry on that game before posting the bug report. There are no testing reports in it, despite your thread. The way I do it is that in the absence of info on the wiki and github, I submit a report. I really don't want to be searching the forum as well.
What I'm willing to do is to check the GameIndex.dbf file on github. If you go look at it right now, you'll see this:

Code:
Serial = SCES-50934
Name   = World Rally Championship II Extreme
Region = PAL-M7
Compat = 5
---------------------------------------------
Serial = SCES-50935
Name   = World Rally Championship II Extreme
Region = PAL-Unk

Two other instances of the same game, one doesn't have a compat rating and the other one is marked as playable, even though you and I both know it will probably need the XGkick hack too.
Someone owning one of those versions will get bugs, they'll check the the wiki and might do what I did again.

Also, what do you mean by silly? Do you mean "demo disc" should be dropped from the title? Because I'm about to file another bug report about "Conflict: Desert Storm" using the same demo disc.
It's marked as playable by the wiki, the GameIndex.dbf also calls it playable, yet I'm seeing flashing textures using any renderer.
Remember demos are early versions, so the final release may work differently to the demo, so it isn't a guarenteed testbed.