Invalid: [Bugs Report] Legacy of Kain: Defiance [NTSC-U]
My System: Intel Core2 [email protected], GeForce 9600GT, Vista32bit
# #PCSX2 version: 0.9.6 Official, Tried the beta and it crashes from start up or appears to be trying to read every sector of the iso and does nothing else even after 5 mins.
# #CPU options: Default, and played around with a few settings just to try, no joy.
# #Plugins Used: Tested GSdx(sse2, sse41 and ssse3) hard and soft (no Interlacing, bobtff-interlacing and shader modes 2 and 3). Tried ZeroGS crash still occurs. Game on 0.9.6 played off MDS mounted with Daemon tools and using Gigaherz 0.7.0. beta I ran off the ISO, it didnt like it, re-ripped from the 7z's and still had a fit. Tried running off the mounted img and as I said it just read and read the sectors.
# #Description of the bugs:
1. Emulator will freeze after Crystal Dynamics splash screen, forcing start bypasses and stops this.
2. Game plays fine up until Raziel first enters material realm, the cinematic crashes the emulator, bypassing the cinematic prevents this though.
3. Short time later when fighting the possessed corpses in the Shadow Temple if you use the reaver to kill them, drain their soul, or simply have them on screen(or near to on screen oftimes) when they die the emulator will lock up.

All of these seem to correspond to a graphical moment when a white luminous pulse lighting effect is displayed.

Emulator Messages:
Bug 1. The emulator returns a Stream presumed ended message when it occurs.
Bug 2. Only occurred the first time till I had success just by passing the cinematic, didnt check the emulator error message.
Bug 3. The emulator slows right down around the time of the deaths, and will lock although on some occasions the error repeats over and over and the emulator can actually recover, but most frequently just freezes. Emulator returns this message at the point of freeze:
PCSX2: DMA error: 70001a50
Shouldn't go here CMD = fb3ef4e8
Saving GS
MTGS > Closing GS thread...
*CDVD: IO thread finished.

Third message doesnt mean much to me other than it appears to be some sort of hex address, the emulator also makes a save to memory at this point.

Not sure if that helps any, but would love it some how a fix could be made, this is a spectacular game so far.

Sponsored links

(03-09-2010, 07:57 AM)Ajantis Wrote: My System: Intel Core2 [email protected], GeForce 9600GT, Vista32bit
# #PCSX2 version: 0.9.6 Official, Tried the beta and it crashes from start up or appears to be trying to read every sector of the iso and does nothing else even after 5 mins.
# #CPU options: Default, and played around with a few settings just to try, no joy.
# #Plugins Used: Tested GSdx(sse2, sse41 and ssse3) hard and soft (no Interlacing, bobtff-interlacing and shader modes 2 and 3). Tried ZeroGS crash still occurs. Game on 0.9.6 played off MDS mounted with Daemon tools and using Gigaherz 0.7.0. beta I ran off the ISO, it didnt like it, re-ripped from the 7z's and still had a fit. Tried running off the mounted img and as I said it just read and read the sectors.
# #Description of the bugs:
1. Emulator will freeze after Crystal Dynamics splash screen, forcing start bypasses and stops this.
2. Game plays fine up until Raziel first enters material realm, the cinematic crashes the emulator, bypassing the cinematic prevents this though.
3. Short time later when fighting the possessed corpses in the Shadow Temple if you use the reaver to kill them, drain their soul, or simply have them on screen(or near to on screen oftimes) when they die the emulator will lock up.

All of these seem to correspond to a graphical moment when a white luminous pulse lighting effect is displayed.

Emulator Messages:
Bug 1. The emulator returns a Stream presumed ended message when it occurs.
Bug 2. Only occurred the first time till I had success just by passing the cinematic, didnt check the emulator error message.
Bug 3. The emulator slows right down around the time of the deaths, and will lock although on some occasions the error repeats over and over and the emulator can actually recover, but most frequently just freezes. Emulator returns this message at the point of freeze:
PCSX2: DMA error: 70001a50
Shouldn't go here CMD = fb3ef4e8
Saving GS
MTGS > Closing GS thread...
*CDVD: IO thread finished.

Third message doesnt mean much to me other than it appears to be some sort of hex address, the emulator also makes a save to memory at this point.

Not sure if that helps any, but would love it some how a fix could be made, this is a spectacular game so far.

why dont you try Legacy of Kain: Defiance PC version? If you can run psx2 in your pc, you can definetly play Legacy of Kain: Defiance with that computer.
Try it again on the official beta, using cdvdiso and your image.
Unmount the image from deamon tools first, else it won't work.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Invalid since it either was not reproducible, not a valid bug or otherwise unacceptable for fixing.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Invalid/rejected/duplicate bug reports subforum.