Invalid: [Bug Report] Enter The Matrix - PCSX2 1.6.0. "Uknown VifCmd! (xx)"

.txt   log_enterthematrix_unknownVIFcmd.txt (Size: 79,28 KB / Downloads: 225)

Good morning everyone!

I hope you are all well during this difficult time. I am writing to address an issue I am having with a PS2 game, as well as inquire about any solution to the problem I am facing.

As some of you are aware, this game has a problem with freezing, and the only solution is to enable the manual fix of "Delay VIF 1 Stall", as another thread,
"Enter The Matrix PCSX2 1.5.0. (VIFI: Unknown VifCmd!)" has brought to light about. 

Unfortunately, the downside of this solution is that the textures are messed up, which may/may not matter in the early part of the game, however after reaching to "The Belts" stage, you will have to rely on looking at objects to identify the path to your objective - which would make the manual fix unreliable at this stage. Of course, if you disable the manual fix, the game will freeze, which would prompt you to "end task" with 'taskmanager'.

From looking at the "Q3 2020 Report", created on 01 October and written by bositman, it states about the following games being fixed from crashing, and "Enter The Matrix" is one of the games listed. (If this is irrelevant to my issue, I apologise!)

[Accuracy Enhancement] #3539 VIF: VIF MSCAL instructions wait on VU T-Bit stop. By refractionpcsx2.
Fixes the following games from crashing, and removes gamedb patches for them since they now work properly:
  • The Sims

• Spiderman 3

• Sharks Tale

• Maybe some bits of Over the Hedge

• Pitfall (both demo and full game)
  • Gumball 3000
  • Enter the Matrix
  • Evolution Snowboarding

My question is, is there a way around this problem, as the textures are (most definitely) required to progress? Or has this already been resolved? 

I am using PCSX2 Built 1.6.0.

I appreciate the hard work you have put in to make the PS2 emulator work for everyone, as I am aware about how demoralising it is! I wish you the very best, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Below are the specs I have, whereas enclosed is the console log.

Specs:
Laptop  type: ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (build 19042), 64-bit
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS with Radeon Graphics  2.90 GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB (15.4 GB usable)

Sponsored links

As you noticed in Q3 report this issue has been fixed now.Just download the latest dev build from orphis buildbot page and your game should work fine.
(12-19-2020, 12:54 PM)prafull Wrote: As you noticed in Q3 report this issue has been fixed now.Just download the latest dev build from orphis buildbot page and your game should work fine.

Fantastic!

It has fixed my problem with the game. 

Apologies for my incoherence, but as the website has not made this an official build, would PCSX2 be releasing this as the latest one, should problems not arise?

Thank you so much for your assistance, and I wish you a happy christmas!

Stay safe.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Invalid since it either was not reproducible, not a valid bug or otherwise unacceptable for fixing.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Invalid/rejected/duplicate bug reports subforum.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]