Invalid: PCSX2 Texture issue
(05-02-2013, 10:43 AM)refraction Wrote: Im afraid not. By design it is very difficult to implement MipMapping on hardware mode in GSDX without a complete rewrite of the plugin and how it works. The whole thing is based around a huge texture caching idea which is pretty impossible to get MipMapping to work on properly in its current state. I don't think anybody has even managed to make a work around to force the original texture and lie to the MipMap calculation so it doesn't look so messy (although this will introduce shimmering)

Then are there any alternate plugins that do support mipmapping, besides GDSX, or do I just have to deal with it?

Sponsored links

Im afraid you have to deal with it. The game is quite platable on a powerful quad core. Bump the speedhack sliders up a bit, tick most of the boxes (except fast cdvd) and set your software rendering threads to 3 and you get reasonable fps
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Ok. Well, thanks for the help. I guess I'll just have to do some major overclocking to get my little phenom to play it well.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Invalid since it either was not reproducible, not a valid bug or otherwise unacceptable for fixing.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Invalid/rejected/duplicate bug reports subforum.