Invalid: PCSX2 Texture issue
I'm having issues with every game on PCSX2 1.1.0 r5412. God Hand isnt the only game I'm having this problem, this also happens with Kingdom Hearts 2, Shadow of the Colossus and Odin Sphere, which is unplayable because of it. As you can see, the problem is messed up textures on walls. I dont remember having this problem with character or NPC models, which is kinda weird. Does anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT: My version was probably corrupted or something. Fixed the problem by downloading pcsx2 1.0.0 r5350 and everything seems to work just fine.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Can you redownload a recent SVN version again and retry it please, just to see if it was corrupted. IF it still happens, can you try some slightly older svn builds to see when it occurred?

Thanks Smile

Edit: However i think it appeared in r5392 http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=5392 as someone else reported odin sphere being broken, so it "might" be okay again in r5413 and above

(link for latest)
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php?m=detail&rev=5418&platform=windows-x86
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

This looks similar to the God of War issue report someone else made a week ago or so.
Basically some unknown hardware / software combination causes these glitches and I can't reproduce them..
i'd assume out dated drivers, or an older igp from intel :|
Doesn't know if related but:

On PCSX2 (Latest build i have) -> 1.1.0.r5420 - compiled on Sep 22 2012 with GSDX11 AVX 5412.
All textures on Max Payne (for exemple) are weird and strange.

But on a Release a bit older -> 0.9.8 (4600) with GSDX11 4600 SSE4.1.
All textures are fine.

All my drivers are up to date.
Configuration:
Core I7 [email protected]
16Gb DDR3 PC14900
Palit Geforce 570GTX
Rampage IV Extreme
Corsair H80 Waterblock
Cooler Master Haf X
-> All temperature are always below 50°c
So, I hate to revive an old thread, and I'm not even positive that this is related, but I've been experiencing some massive texture problems in Ratchet and Clank 2, and I'm not sure what to do to fix them. I'm kind of new to the whole emulation business, so I'm not sure about how to fix it or what to do in terms of trouble shooting. I did notice, however, that when I changed the plugin (GSDX11) settings to render "Direct3D11 Software,"
the texture problems were fixed but it ran at no more than 5 or 6 fps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(05-02-2013, 01:23 AM)omega1153 Wrote: So, I hate to revive an old thread, and I'm not even positive that this is related, but I've been experiencing some massive texture problems in Ratchet and Clank 2, and I'm not sure what to do to fix them. I'm kind of new to the whole emulation business, so I'm not sure about how to fix it or what to do in terms of trouble shooting. I did notice, however, that when I changed the plugin (GSDX11) settings to render "Direct3D11 Software,"
the texture problems were fixed but it ran at no more than 5 or 6 fps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is probably the problem caused from the emu not supporting mipmaps, if i recall correctly.

As for the problem described in the original post, it appears for me only in Midnight Club 3 (DUB remix), and it only started after a specific revision. I have made no attempts though to trace it.
(05-02-2013, 01:44 AM)Coornio Wrote: This is probably the problem caused from the emu not supporting mipmaps, if i recall correctly.

As for the problem described in the original post, it appears for me only in Midnight Club 3 (DUB remix), and it only started after a specific revision. I have made no attempts though to trace it.

So, I assume that means there's no fix to my particular problem?
Software rendering has mipmap support but it's slow (particularly in this game).
(05-02-2013, 01:52 AM)omega1153 Wrote: So, I assume that means there's no fix to my particular problem?

Im afraid not. By design it is very difficult to implement MipMapping on hardware mode in GSDX without a complete rewrite of the plugin and how it works. The whole thing is based around a huge texture caching idea which is pretty impossible to get MipMapping to work on properly in its current state. I don't think anybody has even managed to make a work around to force the original texture and lie to the MipMap calculation so it doesn't look so messy (although this will introduce shimmering)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]