Invalid: PCSX2 is writing to our iso's
[Image: hack00.png]

WTF?

That wasn't in that file before so why is pcsx2 writing to it?

Quote from a freind
Quote:easy solution
right click iso, properties, read only
its only a temporary workaround at best... but hey. it should do the job for now.
if what you say is true
What I think the real issue here is that pcsx2 probably memory maps files...
for easier access in code
and forgets that its a memory mapped file at one point...
treating it like regular ram.
which might result in that write operation
its just a guess though
ASUS ROG G750JM
Intel i7-4700HQ CPU @2.40GHz (Overclock 3.7GHz)
Intel® HD Graphics 4600
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
32.0GB RAM

Sponsored links

That text looks like standard SCE library stuff that would be in the IRX and what not files that most ISOs have.

If PCSX2 was writing to ISOs then my entire library would be corrupt, but it's not. I guess it's not impossible, but it seems extremely unlikely. A lot of really bad coding and bad luck would have to happen. Some type of a buffer overflow unhandled might, but again extremely unlikely.

Again that type of stuff is normally in PS2 ISOs - they contain Sony libraries for things like pad, mc, etc(PS2 has it's own but ISOs have updated ones) and those libraries contain error messages, which is what that is.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
PCSX2 didn't write that to your ISO.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
A lot of translation stuff was messed up because pcsx2 reorganized the iso in some way.

That code was not supposed to be in the header of the file.

In fact our translator was raging because it ruined all the work he had done to the iso in the latest build.

It may not be corrupting it but it darn sure is moving things around on its own.

So in a way technically pcsx2 did write it to my iso since it had to do a write operation in order to move stuff.

I can also confirm after re extracting (from my disc) to an iso, a different game and looking at the files and then opening it in pcsx2 and closing pcsx2 and looking at the files again, that pcsx2 is definitely reorganizing things in our iso's. Which is absolutely unacceptable.

In fact both me and the translator are wondering how are games even still working anymore. The games probably wont work on a real ps2 anymore after pcsx2 had its fun with it.

This is a problem and it needs to be fixed.

Forget pcsx2 being inaccurate as an emu. If pcsx2 is gonna edit our files no matter how slight the change. What happens if it fails in the middle of its freaking write operation. I'm sorry but i don't want to have to re extract my games every time pcsx2 decides it want to mess with my stuff.
ASUS ROG G750JM
Intel® HD Graphics 4600
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
32.0GB RAM
(09-24-2015, 02:06 PM)Kamijou Touma Wrote: So in a way technically pcsx2 did write it to my iso since it had to do a write operation in order to move stuff.

What does that mean?
What did move?
If PCSX2 was doing this and messing ISO files, we'd know over 10 years of public usage. That said, you never mentioned PCSX2 version, plugins, if you're using the internal iso reader or anything else to help us debug this, so my guess is you're probably here to rage or flame.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Code:
PCSX2 1.3.1-20150922011125 - compiled on Sep 22 2015
Savestate version: 0x9a0b0000

Host Machine Init:
    Operating System =  Microsoft Windows 10 Education (build 10240), 64-bit
    Physical RAM     =  32458 MB
    CPU name         =  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
    Vendor/Model     =  GenuineIntel (stepping 03)
    CPU speed        =  2.393 ghz (8 logical threads)
    x86PType         =  Standard OEM
    x86Flags         =  bfcbfbff fed87383
    x86EFlags        =  28100800

x86 Features Detected:
    SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX.. FMA

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
    Binding   GS: C:\Users\Kamijou\Documents\emulators\PCSX2\plugins\GSdx32-SSE4.dll
Windows 10.0.10240
    Binding  PAD: C:\Users\Kamijou\Documents\emulators\PCSX2\plugins\LilyPad.dll
(GameDB) 9691 games on record (loaded in 461ms)
    Binding SPU2: C:\Users\Kamijou\Documents\emulators\PCSX2\plugins\SPU2-X.dll
    Binding CDVD: C:\Users\Kamijou\Documents\emulators\PCSX2\plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
    Binding  USB: C:\Users\Kamijou\Documents\emulators\PCSX2\plugins\USB_VB.dll
    Binding   FW: C:\Users\Kamijou\Documents\emulators\PCSX2\plugins\FWnull.dll
    Binding DEV9: C:\Users\Kamijou\Documents\emulators\PCSX2\plugins\DEV9ghzdrk.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.
using internal iso reader.

give me a sec i have to reextract so i can take screenshots.

EDIT:

in the initial screenshot if anyone hasn't noticed. That elf file has no elf header? anyone seeing what i mean by it got rearranged.
[Image: hack00.png]

someone else sent me a screenshot of their iso.

notice their files actually have an elf header unlike mine and my friends
not to mention the top one looks completely different from the image below. How is pcsx2 doing this?
[Image: z572hzK.png]

can someone please explain how that's possible? when they are exactly the same game.

screenshot of my copy btw

[Image: 1eoYQcD.png]

same hex editor as the other person but my file
[Image: T3QU785.png]

Mine is the same as my freinds but different from the the screenshot that was sent.
ASUS ROG G750JM
Intel® HD Graphics 4600
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
32.0GB RAM
Calculate the hash (md5/sha1/etc) of the iso file before and after. If it changes then there is an issue.

The sha1 of my files have never changed so there is either no issue or I'm extremely unlucky and hitting a hash collision. Last time I checked a hash collision for sha1 has not been found and the probability of randomly hitting one for this case is around 10^-49.
All of those lines written are ones produced by the game and none of them are PCSX2 messages, so if anything I would say you've screwed up the game code trying to translate it and that has buggered it.

Does running the original non-translated version have the same problem?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

It looks like Winrar is not extracting the iso correctly which is what is causing the elf file to be different.
extracting in 7zip and the checksum is the same and there is an elf header
looks like no more using winrar to make changes to iso's :|
sorry about this
i probably wasted a couple peoples time with this issue.

But at least i can tell our translator to ditch Winrar for 7zip. So thank you for your help anyway :3
ASUS ROG G750JM
Intel® HD Graphics 4600
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
32.0GB RAM