Invalid: Problem with PCSX 0.9.8
Hey when did the 0.9.8 version released?
You told PCSX or did you meant PCSX2. Tongue2
[Image: recodersignature2.png]

Sponsored links

The SVN entered the pre release state, it brings the new features and docs for what will become the 0.98 version, hence Rama's concern about such breaking issue could emerge at this point.

Still it's not yet the 0.98 as the OP confused for, it's still a SVN and subject the same restrictions SVN already has to public usage.

PS: One the new features is an answer for those threads whining for better memcard management. Now you can rename them, have many and insert them in two "slots" just like it was real PS2 memcards Smile

Expect more goodness coming soon, yet try not to force things, no miracle was done, the development still goes steady and hard, let's let things be properly tested and eventual bugs corrected before screaming for release.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-14-2011, 12:31 PM)recoder Wrote: Hey when did the 0.9.8 version released?
You told PCSX or did you meant PCSX2. Tongue2

the 0.9.8 docs say may 1st, 2011
Actually I update the ppa stable with a snapshot of the 0.9.8 branches Tongue2 It is the better way for me to have feedback on the branch on linux and on the package.

@melkor, can you give us more details and the exact messages. Thanks.

Due to the big version upgrade. Savestate are not compatible and can result in stange behavior
Melkor, it is also possible that you have some issue because your config file are too old. PCSX2 is not upgradable friendly. Try to reconfigure everythings or you can delete ~/.config/PCSX2/inis files.
(04-14-2011, 06:07 PM)Saiki Wrote: the 0.9.8 docs say may 1st, 2011

yet another thing to look forward to. Internet made my life a lot better but a lot busier.
Ohmy *GASP*

WHAT A GIVEAWAY!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-18-2011, 05:02 PM)refraction Wrote: Ohmy *GASP*

WHAT A GIVEAWAY!

I dont care how Buggy it is.. im getting it now just to give it a test.. lol
Hello everyone,

So I just downloaded the newest version. Everyone is saying that v0.9.8 won't be out until May 1st, so I guess I may have an early beta version. I am operating Pcsx2 v0.9.8.r4584- compiled on April 20th, 2011. Previously running v0.9.7.

My Games Include:

1.)Resident Evil 4- No problems with v0.9.7. I have beat the game three times, hence, mastered it, having obtained infinite weapons. On v.0.9.8, It plays fine with no issues on system default.

2.)Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence- My favorite PlayStation saga of all time! Unfortunately I have been having issues with this one and have been working on the configurations for the last couple of days. With v0.9.7 it wouldn't play except for the beginning intro. Once finished programming v0.9.8 I set out to experiment! It plays with default settings but incredibly slow. We're talking around 5fps! Even with DirectX10/11 Hardware. My current status with the game is using GSDx 4584 (Msvc 16.00, SSE41) 0.1.16 [GSDx32-SSE4], configured to DirectX 10/11 Software. Then I hit the turbo by pressing the "tab" button. No Speed Hacks, because they don't work with this game. With these few things I've done, I've managed to jump up the fps to around 20, but still working on it. It's difficult and I know my processor is borderlined with the minimum requirements, but very proud of my machine =)

3.)Mafia- With v0.9.7 it plays the beginning intro, then gives a major colored graphics malfunction right at the part where you type your name to start the game. v0.9.8 gets to the title of "Mafia" and goes no further. Please note that "Mafia" is always a troubled game anyways. Not very compatible in the first place though I have seen working versions.

4.)God of War- A fully functional game with v0.9.7, and with v0.9.8, it is fully functioning as well but is slow. Around 35fps. I haven't had a chance to configure yet. I'm pretty sure I can get it to the point I had it with v0.9.7, which was 64fps!

5.)Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Armageddon- It is functional. So far, I noticed that the ocean was the sky and it is running at a slow rate as well. There are some graphic issues at this point. If anyone has any feedback, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

~TAG

CPU: Intel Core i5-450M 2.4-2.66GHZ Dual Core Physical; Dual Core Virtual; Turbo-Boost Technology
x86 Features Detected: MMX; SSE; SSE2; SSE3; SSSE3; SSE4.1; SSE4.2
RAM: 4.0GB DDR3; Virtual 4.0GB
HDD: Hitachi 500GB
Intel® Integrated Graphics w/ DirectX 11 (Laptops don't have video cards! No one ever mentions that btw.)
VGA: Intel GMA HD
It's not an early beta, it's an SVN build that some 3rd party compiled (PCSX2 is an open source project, so anyone can access the source code at any time) and released, probably to get hits on their website and try and get a few bucks via googleads.

Any build not released on the official website is unsupported since anyone could have messed with the code for any other purpose.
[Image: 2748844.png]