Invalid: [Bug report] Running PCSX2 1.7 through Steam Input Drastically Increases Input Delay
Not sure if this is strictly a bug or even an unknown issue but I could not find any post describing this issue.

In past versions of PCSX2 DS4 and DS5 controllers were unsupported and the two ways of getting around this was to run the PCSX2 through steam and allowing the built in Steam Input to handle the inputs. The other way was to use DS4Windows. This is completely unnecessary with the latest release, however out of habit I had pcsx2 run through steam. In booting up SMT Raidou Kuzunoha vs The Soulless Army I noticed slight input delay in all button inputs (though surprisingly little in analog stick moments though I may not have noticed). This wasn't too noticeable until I ran into a specific game mechanic where you need to mash the O button to capture and confine demons. This mechanic can be difficult on higher level demons but after the tutorial immediately it became difficult to pass the mechanic. I suspect that the way pcsx2 and steam input interact prevents more than 1 button press to be read in some regular cycle that I am unable to determine. I had tried a bunch of other troubleshooting steps to to decrease the delay like disabling patches and messing with emulation settings. On a whim I thought perhaps that the Steam Input may be to blame and so I ran PCSX2 outside of Steam and immediately all the input delay was gone.

Perhaps this isn't the correct forum but I felt that it should be posted for anyone running into the issue and unable to determine the cause as all Input Delay related issues in past forum posts are related to older versions of PCSX2 and largely don't apply to the latest dev release.

Sponsored links

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Invalid since it either was not reproducible, not a valid bug or otherwise unacceptable for fixing.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Invalid/rejected/duplicate bug reports subforum.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5