Invalid: [Bug Report] SSX 3 Visual glitch, ring around the player
Hi, i need help with a visual glitch. When playing SSX 3 on Internal Resolution: Native (PS2) i get no ring around the player, but once i up it to aynthing above 720p i get this ring around the player which is really distracting. Is there a setting to remove this? Or do i just have get get used to playing on the lowest res (which isn't a problem since it still looks way better than it does on my ps2)? The dolphin emulator seemingly has a higher resolution without the weird ring around the player.

After looking at the both screenshots its seemingly a lighting issue, where on higher resolution the lighting doesnt smooth out and instead makes a weird ring.

screenshot of 720p+ ring around player: https://i.imgur.com/lEP5twx.png
screenshot of native ps2 res: https://i.imgur.com/M4ihK7K.png

thanks for the help !

Sponsored links

This is a result of the upscaling hack, not much we can do about it. You can try playing with the HW hacks in GSDX to see if any of them help when upscaling, but upscaling is a hack, games weren't meant to be upscaled.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-14-2021, 04:04 PM)refraction Wrote: This is a result of the upscaling hack, not much we can do about it.  You can try playing with the HW hacks in GSDX to see if any of them help when upscaling, but upscaling is a hack, games weren't meant to be upscaled.

alright thanks! guess ill stick to the dolphin emulator, considering several levels also lag a bit on the pcsx2 unfortunately, just have to get used to the weird trick buttons
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Invalid since it either was not reproducible, not a valid bug or otherwise unacceptable for fixing.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Invalid/rejected/duplicate bug reports subforum.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5