Invalid: Silent Hill 2 bug [ntsc]
Hi there, I seem to have a game breaking bug in Silent Hill 2. I'm at the part where you have to put all your items on the shelf next to the elevator before you can use it because of the weight limit. I put all my items in there and then try to get on the elevator and it still thinks I'm carrying items, thus not allowing me to use the elevator with the annoying alarm still sounding. I haven't seen this bug mentioned anywhere on Google. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the emulator and if anyone here can suggest some ways to fix it? Would really like to be able to complete the game. Thanks. I'm using the widescreen+60fps cheat (8E8E384B.pnach) and I'll post my settings below.

[Image: 6ac369b03a.png]

[Image: ad9488fa80.png]

[Image: 0400e5b7de.png]

Sponsored links

Never mind, I actually figured out how to fix it. In case anyone else gets this bug, it's because I used cheat engine. I used it before to give myself more ammo (playing on Hard mode and needed more for a boss) so I think the game thought I was still holding ammo still when I put the items in. I fixed it by emptying my gun and reloading before putting my stuff in the cabinet. You can close this, thanks.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Invalid since it either was not reproducible, not a valid bug or otherwise unacceptable for fixing.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Invalid/rejected/duplicate bug reports subforum.