Is Dell Inspiron 14r 5420 simply too weak?
Hi. 
It's my first thread here and actually just my second day with PCSX2 installed into my laptop.
I apologize if I'm not posting this under the right section - this is the first forum i've ever been part of.
So, yesterday i installed the emulator to try and play some old games of ps2, specially God of War and a few fight ones.
Yesterday at night when i tried to play GoW II I had a terrible frame rate average of 25-38 in action sequences. And while i've read here that this is a demanding game, i wonder if my notebook is simply too weak and if i should just give up on trying to emulate the games.
I'll be able to post with more sure in a few hours (i'm at work right now), but i believe my specs are:

i5 3210m @ 2.50 mhz
GEFORCE GT630M (GF108) 128 bit 1GB DDR3
6GB DDR3

I appreciate in advance for the assistance! Smile

Sponsored links

better play it on your PS2 until you can afford better, definitely
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Really? Ohmy what a disappointment.. Sad
Sometimes the game did manage to keep an acceptable frame rate, but solely in quiet moments - and i'm not abosluutely sure about the number I provided above; I'll be sure to double-check today.
I didn't tried to mess with on configuration in particular yet.
You think that trying to overclock the processor would make any difference?
What exactly is lacking in terms of hardware (i mean, what would make a bigger difference)?

Thanks again.
What are ee% and gs% values during slowdowns?
(01-05-2016, 10:23 PM)willkuer Wrote: What are ee% and gs% values during slowdowns?

Hey, i'll be looking onto that in 40mins. 
Thank you for the help!
(01-05-2016, 10:23 PM)willkuer Wrote: What are ee% and gs% values during slowdowns?

So, definite computer specs:

Windows 10 Pro - 64 bits
Intel i5-3210M @ 2,50Ghz 2.50 Ghz
6GB RAM
Nvidea GEforce GT 630M 128bits 1GB DDR3

So, enabling both glides on speedhacks and positioning them on value 2 I am being able to play the game at the good pace of 60fps, with native resolution. The problem now is that it seems that the emulator is kind of casting a shadow on the game.. i can see things doubled. Any ideas? I tried 2x native but in intense moments the fps would fall at 12 and EE% value would be at 30, max. What would be the ideal values for EE and GS? Any ideas to improve the resolution as well?
Did you set your poeer plan to performance mode ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
jesalvein Wrote:Did you set your poeer plan to performance mode ?

I did now, but then tried to change some plugin configurations and it crashed. I'll restart now.
Any ideas for the shadowing thing?

Thanks.
So, i'm being able to achieve moderate stability around 60 fps using native resolution and Direct3D11 (hardware). The sound is a bit odd, but it's playable..

Thanks a lot for your help. Should anyone have any ideas regarding the other problems, please reply Smile
Sound problem -> spu2-x plugin configuration use async mix instead of timestretch as synchronization mode.

Vu cyclr stealing maxed reduces the number of rendered frames. So even if your speed appears 100% you get much less frames. Ee cycle rate hack weakens your virtual ps2 and can create slowdowns if the ps2 can not handle thr game any more. Both hacks make the ee% and gs% readings in the titlebar useless.

Please try latest git/development version and use its ogl hw renderer to get slightly better results (better accuracy and possibly better performance)