Is MGS2 harder to emulate than 3?
I tried the pc version and let me tell you what a colossal POS that thing is . After playing the pc version of MGS1 which was excellent i was expecting something else but it seems I need a MIT course just to configure the controls of the game .

I completled and ran MGS3 on pcx2 at full speed 95% of the time , is MGS2 any harder to emulate?

If not I will just get a ps2 copy of the thing and play it on the emulator like i did for 3.

Sponsored links

3 is more demanding than 2, but 2 is fairly demanding of its own. What are your system specs?
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(10-26-2015, 12:52 PM)Ryudo Wrote: 3 is more demanding than 2, but 2 is fairly demanding of its own. What are your system specs?

I5 4460 and 270x.
MGS2 will be difficult on the tanker mission. it should be perfectly fine thereafter. I have not myself beaten the tanker mission, I was working on some other issues with another game but tested MGS2 because I could
(10-26-2015, 02:10 PM)Saiki Wrote: MGS2 will be difficult on the tanker mission. it should be perfectly fine thereafter. I have not myself beaten the tanker mission, I was working on some other issues with another game but tested MGS2 because I could

I saw a video on youtube on the first tanker boss fight, olga i think it was and the game lagged even on a similar i5 to mine.

I think im gonna stick with the pc version since this game is really hard to run at full speed 100% of the time even on monster pcs , while the pc version does it easily because of obvious reasons.

The only problem with the pc version is that when you want to lower your gun you need to switch items since there are no pressure sensitive buttons on this version , other than that and some missing images on codec calls and other minor graphical glitches its pretty spot on after you spend ages configuring it .

The only reason i played 3 on the emulator was that there wasnt a pc version at all , it was still a great experience.
on youtube, where it was probably done with the internal recorder? that internal recorder removes all slowdowns when recording