Is There A Way To Disable Save Slots
I can save to a slot with F1 but is there a way to disable that and rely on the game's save function? It ruins any sort of challenge when I know I can just save during a battle and then reload a save from 2 seconds prior. Sure, I can always re-enable it but still. It's easy enough to find trainers for PC games yet I usually don't do it so I can control myself.

Sponsored links

You didn't say what game you're trying to play. And what's stopping you from saving like you normally would? Did you make sure you setup the memory cards correctly?
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
(09-28-2020, 04:07 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: You didn't say what game you're trying to play.  And what's stopping you from saving like you normally would?  Did you make sure you setup the memory cards correctly?

Saving to the "memory card" works fine. It's just that sometimes I can't resist the urge to use save states and that ruins the challenge.
(10-03-2020, 01:17 PM)Starwind Amada Wrote: Saving to the "memory card" works fine. It's just that sometimes I can't resist the urge to use save states and that ruins the challenge.

er... educate yourself ? Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Place this program into the pcsx2.exe directory and run it(it will start pcsx2 with blocked F1,2,3 hotkeys)

And just to let you know if you are going to scan the program with virustotal,some antivitus programs love to label AutoHotkey as a virus but it is not

You can also download and install AutoHotkey and run this script if you want instead of the already compiled exe with the same code

Code:
#SingleInstance,Force
Menu, Tray, Icon,pcsx2.exe,1
Menu, Tray, NoStandard
Menu, Tray, Add,Exit,Exit
Menu, Tray, Default,Exit

Process,Exist,pcsx2.exe
If Errorlevel = 0
Run,pcsx2.exe
Process,WaitClose,pcsx2.exe
ExitApp
Return

#IfWinActive,ahk_exe pcsx2.exe
F1::
F2::
F3::
ToolTip,Nope
SetTimer,TOff,-1500
Return

TOff:
ToolTip
Return

Exit:
ExitApp

PCSX2 also have the ability to change the hotkeys but that's just changing,not disabling(you cannot disable them)

Place the PCSX2_keys.ini into the inis folder and edit the keys

Attached Files
.rar   SSBlock.rar (Size: 345,67 KB / Downloads: 125)
.rar   PCSX2_keys.rar (Size: 1,64 KB / Downloads: 131)
(10-03-2020, 02:48 PM)vsub Wrote: Place this program into the pcsx2.exe directory and run it(it will start pcsx2 with blocked F1,2,3 hotkeys)

And just to let you know if you are going to scan the program with virustotal,some antivitus programs love to label AutoHotkey as a virus but it is not

You can also download and install AutoHotkey and run this script if you want instead of the already compiled exe with the same code

Code:
#SingleInstance,Force
Menu, Tray, Icon,pcsx2.exe,1
Menu, Tray, NoStandard
Menu, Tray, Add,Exit,Exit
Menu, Tray, Default,Exit

Process,Exist,pcsx2.exe
If Errorlevel = 0
Run,pcsx2.exe
Process,WaitClose,pcsx2.exe
ExitApp
Return

#IfWinActive,ahk_exe pcsx2.exe
F1::
F2::
F3::
ToolTip,Nope
SetTimer,TOff,-1500
Return

TOff:
ToolTip
Return

Exit:
ExitApp

PCSX2 also have the ability to change the hotkeys but that's just changing,not disabling(you cannot disable them)

Place the PCSX2_keys.ini into the inis folder and edit the keys

Sweet. It works. I just got killed by The End in MGS3 and no longer can I simply start over with F3 anymore. If I hit the F1 keys I get a tooltip that says NOPE. Nice. I figured this option would randomly exist. Of course it would. This is the internet, after all. Thanks, dude. So now how do I get this one hot girl from work to like me? Send me another RAR file.