Is This A Good Laptop To Run Pcsx2 ?
Hi Getting Ready To Buy A New Laptop And Was Wondering If This Will Run Pcsx2 Smoothly .The One Im Going To Buy Is :

Sony Vaio VPCEB4E4E/WI

These Are The Specs :

Processor Intel® Core™ i5-480M Processor
- 2.66 GHz (2.93 GHz max Turbo Frequency)
- 2.5 GT/s DMI
- 3 MB L3 Cache
- Dual-core

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

RAM - 4GB installed DDR3 RAM

Graphics card Intel® HD Graphics
- 1751MB total available memory

More Importantly Do You Think This Laptop Will Run FFXII @ Around 80-90% FPS Or Higher

Thanks If You Can Help

Sponsored links

apart from its integrated GPU, it should do good with FFXII
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
thanks for the quick responce so do u think it will run most games @ a reasonable speed ?
no.

It'll be ok for FFXII because it isn't that demanding.
But your GPU will hold you back for many other games.
The laptop Intel HD isn't as good as the desktop one. Running Warcraft III at 1024x768 on a mobile Core i3 350 & Intel HD, it never hits 50 FPS. While I can run FFX at 2x native on a desktop Core i3 530 & Intel HD with only a little slow down in some scenes.

With that GPU you can only run FFXII at native resolution. The same for other games. I do not recommended that laptop. Find another with a discrette video card.
Ok Thanks For The Info Cool
Running FFXII on my desktop i3 530 & Intel HD right now. FFXII runs at 66 FPS at native res, and drop down to 54 FPS at 2x native res. Remember that it is the desktop. If you can get a laptop with an Intel HD graphics 3000, maybe you can play at 2x native res without the need of a discrette card. Some sites claim the HD 3000 is pretty good (even the laptop version), and is comparable to entry level GFX card such as HD 5470.
If it doesn't have an i7 2720 or 2820, it won't handle pcsx2 very well, and even those processors are lacking
(07-23-2011, 04:56 AM)craigy Wrote: Hi Getting Ready To Buy A New Laptop And Was Wondering If This Will Run Pcsx2 Smoothly .The One Im Going To Buy Is :

Sony Vaio VPCEB4E4E/WI

These Are The Specs :

Processor Intel® Core™ i5-480M Processor
- 2.66 GHz (2.93 GHz max Turbo Frequency)
- 2.5 GT/s DMI
- 3 MB L3 Cache
- Dual-core

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

RAM - 4GB installed DDR3 RAM

Graphics card Intel® HD Graphics
- 1751MB total available memory

More Importantly Do You Think This Laptop Will Run FFXII @ Around 80-90% FPS Or Higher

Thanks If You Can Help

It will NOT do good with FFXII
i have the same laptop which i sold, but i tried it with ffx first, and it lagged like hell the GS went up to 100% and i got 40FPS max so still pretty laggy
and what is the link between FFX and FFXII ?