Is This A Good Laptop To Run Pcsx2 ?
(07-25-2011, 09:45 AM)jesalvein Wrote: and what is the link between FFX and FFXII ?

10 usually requires less, save the demi skills. and Ifrit.

@op: if it lags I have a config guide I posted to help.

Sponsored links

actually, I always got better perf results with latest stable release on FFXII than on FFX.
At least with my rig...
Dunno about the others
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-25-2011, 09:45 AM)jesalvein Wrote: and what is the link between FFX and FFXII ?

the same name "final fantasy "

(07-25-2011, 12:00 PM)araleyo Wrote: the same name "final fantasy "

aha, funny.
Whatever, those are different games, differently emulated.
You just can't compare both under pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-25-2011, 11:55 AM)jesalvein Wrote: actually, I always got better perf results with latest stable release on FFXII than on FFX.
At least with my rig...
Dunno about the others

just tellin ya what I know..
just like GOW & GOW 2 they both have the same name but GOW 2 is much more demanding
And the same developer/publisher as well (I consider Square and Square Enix the same, like AMD and ATI).

/to jesalvein Indeed with the latest stable release FFXII is faster than FFX. On my laptop, FFX runs at 35 FPS while FFXII runs at 42 FPS in 0.9.8 (the opening scene). But in 0.9.7, FFX runs at 45 FPS, while FFXII is still at 42 FPS.

/to OP On a laptop with an i3 350 @ 2.13 Ghz & Intel HD, FFX runs at full speed most of the time, but drop down to 40 FPS in battle (PCSX2 0.9.7 native res). So don't expect you can play FFXII with an Intel HD.
(07-25-2011, 12:06 PM)abdo123 Wrote: just like GOW & GOW 2 they both have the same name but GOW 2 is much more demanding

GoW1 was moreso on my pc. getting 35 vs 50+ on 2
so i changed my mind about the vaio and instead gonig to buy a desktop .

These are the specs :

Intel® Core™ i5-2310 Processor

Clock speed- ''''2.9GHz (3.2Ghz Max Turbo)
Cache- 6MB
DMI 5 GT/s

Operating System - Windows® 7 Home Premium

RAM - 8 GB

Graphics card - nVidia GT530
dedicated 2GB DDR3

How Do You Think This One Will Do Running Pcsx2 .Im A Noob With graphics cards and processors not really got a clue
dunno any better about cpus. can't tell. but this somewhat escential for pcsx2. better get some experienced opinion on that.

but what you need 8GB ram for? I'd not know howto fill that just by gaming a lil. it's not a real problem tho cause ram is cheap these days. just make sure it's fast and it fits the board specs and ram timing compatibility. also the graphics ram should better be some GDDR5 and somewhat good bitwidth. atleast 256 to not so bottleneck the texturing rates. 2GB GDDR3 looks more like a cheap allround model that's a lil cut off.