Is This A Good Laptop To Run Pcsx2 ?
the 8Gb Ram is what comes installed with the desktop plus this desktop is £50 cheaper than the Sony Vaio laptop that i mentioned in the first post on this thread but thats without a monitor .im just going to use my TV as a monitor tho as the desktop has HDMI and VGA TV-Out .Im Basicly Just Buying This New PC/Laptop For Playing ISO's/Roms With Emulators Nothing More so trying to get a half decent one for around £700 that will Emulate Pcsx2 ect.... with decent FPS and not to Slow

Sponsored links

If you want something decent (depends on which games you have, though...), you will need a desktop.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
what's the ram speed and type?
not sure i would think it was 2x 4GB and DDR3 but im not sure the only info is that it says 8 GB of RAM

Thats the Link To the website And Desktop Thay Im Looking At Have A Look

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/advent-dt1...8-pdt.html
should be fine, assuming the ram isn't piss-poor slow. (and I couldn't find anything else about it anywhere I looked)
If system RAM is DDR3, it really can't be too slow.

The desktop is definitely gonna provide better emulation than the laptop, especially since it's CPU would be roughly equal (with PCSX2) to most of the greatest mobiles you can currently get. This would basically sum up why a desktop is recommended for the best results. With a laptop, you're automatically paying top-dollar for the equivalent of an average desktop.
thanks for the info guys i will just buy that desktop Biggrin just wanted to make sure it would run Pcsx2 with not to much trouble .can always change the RAM if its not good .can get it pretty cheap from a little shop in town
I got an Asus G71V 2,26ghz C2D + nV 9700gt and PCSX2 runs the avg. ps2 game pretty nice. I use a 1200 x 840 custom scaled res.