Is This Normal For My PC ??
(04-30-2015, 02:56 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: There is no way. I can't full speed Xenosaga even at 4.4Ghz where my STP is 1600.

Or are you using speedhacks? And like, lots of them? And remember, Xenosaga + MTVU = slowdown on AMD but not Intel.

Only use MTVU recommend speed hacks and i didnt say full speed all the time there are 1 or 2 cut scenes that drop to 50 fps or lower regardless of settings and handful of battles and or effect that drop the game to 50fps or lower, but 99% of the game runs full speed. I get the same results with 4x too but i dont see difference between 3x and 4x so i just leave it 3x.

So short of it being an AMD issue with pcsx2 with xenosaga or similar games of or just as heavy that STP is then more capable of playing and runs full speed 99% time. short of this issue being gpu bound. ZOE is far far more demanding then Xenosaga and that run sub 40fps regardless. all i saying is THAT STP is more then capable of play games as demanding as Xenosaga and similar demanding games. proving the rest of pc is capable.

TO the OP if it laptop make sure it is pluged into the the power addaptor and set it to max performance for power scheme

Sponsored links

I had decent speeds on my 920, however i was overclocked to 3.4Ghz most of the time, I don't think I would experience good speeds at stock personally. If you managed to get good speeds at stock you are a wizard harry!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Same here refraction. Before this i5 I had an i7 920 D0-Stepping at 3.40~ 3.60 GHz (It became unstable at these clockrates later on unfortunately, so I had to downgrade to 3.20, and eventually 3.00) to the point where I was running at stock speeds, which was just pretty awful in comparison. Those few MHz differences do matter.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
yah Xenosaga runs 99% at full speed on my system with only recommend hacks @3x and GSDX shader (FXAA and most it other effects on). 8x AF TB on full, no 8 bit textures. all other emulator setting are default settings and presets is off

Short of those 1 or 2 cut scenes and hand full effects like Shions skills. the AWGS fights there did run bad where fixed on my end when MTVU was added and I replaced my 450gts with 660gtx. last battle with that huge AGWS or what ever it was was probably the only battle that didnt run full speeds, granted I have done run threw on this game in about years, but i doubt it speed changed much.

Another thing is Nvidia drivers Shader caches does work in DX11 and as results works in GSDX in DX11 mode and that the shader caches does work to speed things up in most cases. the game is preferably play able on similar builds at full speed 99% of the time.

DQ8 is rather heavy game too and i thought my stock 920 wasnt enough for that game either but when changed from 9800gt 450gt the difference was night and day and the difference from 450gts to 660gtx was just as much when I started using actual AA.

ZOE as far more demanding then Xenosaga. Swtor for the PC is far more demanding of my PC's CPU then most the ps2 game i have. which is saying some considering pcsx2 is a emulator.

so unless my system is lying about it ghz rate xenosaga play 99% time full speed i can provide videos which why I asked is AMD really that bad vs intel cause his STP is only 40 slower then mine.
No AMD is not that bad vs Intel(at the same STP). The main issue is MTVU cause slowdowns more often on AMD, but the rest they are identical(again at the same STP).

Refraction + Ryudo pretty much confirmed what I was thinking. So IDK what's up.

You said you hadn't tried it in years... try it with 1.3.1. Just the opening scene where Shion says "Good morning, Kosmos." I got 53FPS in that scene at 4.2Ghz(1500 STP) and it's a fairly representative scene.

Edit: Also of course, if you are using the PAL version that could make it easier since "full speed" is 50 fps.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(04-30-2015, 10:40 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: No AMD is not that bad vs Intel(at the same STP). The main issue is MTVU cause slowdowns more often on AMD, but the rest they are identical(again at the same STP).

Refraction + Ryudo pretty much confirmed what I was thinking. So IDK what's up.

You said you hadn't tried it in years... try it with 1.3.1. Just the opening scene where Shion says "Good morning, Kosmos." I got 53FPS in that scene at 4.2Ghz(1500 STP) and it's a fairly representative scene.

Edit: Also of course, if you are using the PAL version that could make it easier since "full speed" is 50 fps.

I just tested that scene and runs fine it drops to 54 and split second it back up to 60fps, it is in no way slow it probably the same issue that cause the 2d/3d transition in FFX which effect bunch games.

There are 2 cut scene that drop to below 50fps and stay there for longer then split second for me the first cut scene where Shion first encounter ghnosis part where it failing it arms in halls and the cut scene where MOMO and ZIGGY are in hyperspace being chases the part where there show in the cockpit ( this scene drops to 30 fps).

Only Recommenced hacks (mtvu on) all defaults for EE/VU x3 native, TF full, 8x AF GSDX shader FXAA and most it other effect on. DX11 SPUX is set to portaudio other rest of that is all defaults ,WAit for vsync is off too seeing desktop compisition is on so there no point in have that checked.

but if you saying that good morning scene is drop to that framerate and staying there it different issue. i can show video if you's want but this game runs 60fps out side few spots and effect. of coarse you's will have to tell me how to record in pcsx2 cause i never used any of that stuff.

But this all off topic now, I was just curious about if AMD STP is that much diffrent from INTEL
That whole scene(and most cutscenes) runs at 54 FPS for me.

IDK then, you got a magic CPU. Maybe it's like ref said. You are a wizard.

I have no explanation for it but I can guarantee you it's not typical behavior.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
And now make passmark benchmarks....
(04-30-2015, 11:56 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: That whole scene(and most cutscenes) runs at 54 FPS for me.

IDK then, you got a magic CPU. Maybe it's like ref said. You are a wizard.

I have no explanation for it but I can guarantee you it's not typical behavior.

yes well i just checked again even in native mode first part of that scene drops to 54 split second it back up to 60fps.

(05-01-2015, 12:01 AM)willkuer Wrote: And now make passmark benchmarks....

not gona install other software on my pc i dont use, seeing i dont put and stock in those benching softwares

I can show you video of if you wish. but that is what PCSX2 shows me as FPS and there are no speed hacked involved other then MTVU and other recommend hacks

but dont want to derail this topic anymore then is just cause i was curisous STP number are unviersial across intel and amd
Yeah, they are almost universal, that's why they are such a reliable indicator of PCSX2 performance.

I believe you, you don't have to show a video. But it just doesn't make sense. Even refraction, a coder, says it doesn't make sense. Regardless, I guess you should be happy though, because that's good for you.

And this thread is done anyway so no harm.