Is Ultimate Spiderman really this demanding?
(11-27-2015, 11:05 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Okay thank you. That's what I needed to know.

So it seems LAA is only a bandaid in some cases, and GSdx eventually runs out of memory anyway.

Just so you know, basically what's going on is a few games(this apparently being one) create a massive amount of small textures(think 10x10) but we have to allocate them the full framebuffer size because of how PCSX2 works. This eventually causes GSdx to run out of memory.

Since PCSX2 is 32bit, nominally it can only address 2GB of memory. With 4GB patch or LAA, it can address 3GB on 32bit systems and 4GB on 64bit systems. It doesn't solve the underlying problem, but makes it take longer to happen. In a few cases it stops the crashing altogether, likely because it extends the time just enough that the textures get unloaded and the space frees up.

Your best bet is just to save state often, and in different slots in case you explode during a state.

I read refraction's post in that thread you made asking people to test something. I figured it might have been related to that and I was going to go test that on Ultimate Spiderman until you said the latest git versions have LAA by default and don't need the patch anymore. Shame it still crashes eventually. Thanks anyways.

Sponsored links

Hardware mode is an unplayable glitchy mess and it also doesn't run full-speed ... daaaaaamn. I'm gonna have to play the PC version.

No point in trying the software mode, you need some i7 beast for that Laugh
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go