Is Ultimate Spiderman really this demanding?
i5 4460 
GTX 970
16GB Ram
Win 7
v. 1.3.1-1473

The game looks like a glitchy mess in 3D11 Hardware (even native res). It seems like it only looks ok in Software mode. I can only run the game at ~85%. All default settings except for MTVU. Other speedhacks don't seem to make a difference.

EE~50% GS~98% (wa wa wee wa) VU~38%

I realize this game is also on PC. Finding it online from a site I trust is another story ($31 on amazon).

Sponsored links

Set extra rendering threads in GSdx config to 2 and give it another go.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Seems to run fine now in the very beginning during gameplay but then the emulator crashed twice during a cutscene after the first fight. Still running software mode and console spammed this during the cutscene on my 3rd attempt: "GSdx: out-of-memory, texturing temporarily disabled" but didn't crash. I tried to open the Plugin settings and PCSX2 crashed after telling me it was out of memory.
(11-27-2015, 07:13 AM)AlphaKennyWhere Wrote: Seems to run fine now in the very beginning during gameplay but then the emulator crashed twice during a cutscene after the first fight. Still running software mode and console spammed this during the cutscene on my 3rd attempt: "GSdx: out-of-memory, texturing temporarily disabled" but didn't crash. I tried to open the Plugin settings and PCSX2 crashed after telling me it was out of memory.

give this a try
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
What jesalvein said, or upgrade to the latest GIT build.

Since a few days ago PCSX2 is LAA by default so no more need for 4GB patch. Ofc users on stable (1.2.1) will still need it for relevant games.

I have no idea how applying the 4GB patch to the already LAA version would turn out actually...
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(11-27-2015, 07:16 AM)jesalvein Wrote: give this a try

My hero. Works now. I'll probably update to the latest build anyways later tonight. Thanks to both of you for the help.
Well it worked for a while. I updated to 1.3.1-1487 and kept the same settings but PCSX2 still crashes every now and again with the out-of-memory spam.
(11-27-2015, 08:17 AM)AlphaKennyWhere Wrote: Well it worked for a while. I updated to 1.3.1-1487 and kept the same settings but PCSX2 still crashes every now and again with the out-of-memory spam.

This is important:

I need you to compare your old 4GB patched one to the latest one. It's important because I only recently got a PR merged for LargeAddressAware and if you are crashing with OOM it's important to see if it happens on 4GB patch version. If it does, all is well. If it doesn't, it's possible the 4GB patch does more than just enable LAA in the executable.
(11-27-2015, 10:54 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: This is important:

I need you to compare your old 4GB patched one to the latest one. It's important because I only recently got a PR merged for LargeAddressAware and if you are crashing with OOM it's important to see if it happens on 4GB patch version. If it does, all is well. If it doesn't, it's possible the 4GB patch does more than just enable LAA in the executable.

I should've been more specific. The patch let me run the game longer but it still crashed eventually. The latest version that doesn't need to be patched crashes after some time as well.
(11-27-2015, 11:00 PM)AlphaKennyWhere Wrote: I should've been more specific. The patch let me run the game longer but it still crashed eventually. The latest version that doesn't need to be patched crashes after some time as well.

Okay thank you. That's what I needed to know.

So it seems LAA is only a bandaid in some cases, and GSdx eventually runs out of memory anyway.

Just so you know, basically what's going on is a few games(this apparently being one) create a massive amount of small textures(think 10x10) but we have to allocate them the full framebuffer size because of how PCSX2 works. This eventually causes GSdx to run out of memory.

Since PCSX2 is 32bit, nominally it can only address 2GB of memory. With 4GB patch or LAA, it can address 3GB on 32bit systems and 4GB on 64bit systems. It doesn't solve the underlying problem, but makes it take longer to happen. In a few cases it stops the crashing altogether, likely because it extends the time just enough that the textures get unloaded and the space frees up.

Your best bet is just to save state often, and in different slots in case you explode during a state.