Is Your Pcsx2 Slow? Possible Reasons And Alternatives
Hlo Every 1 Hv U Been Wanting To Play A Ps2 Game With Ur Pcsx2 Emulator And After All D Stress Setting It Up, U Then Discover It Lags Like A Snail. Well The Main Reason Is That Ur Computer Dose Not Meet D Recomended Specs. And If Ur Computer Meets The Recomended Specs And Ur Game Still Lag, Then Ur Computer Might B Using 'integrated Video Card' Which Share D Memory Of Ur RAM. So If U Have 2gb Of Ram And Ur Integrated Video Card Uses 800mb Then U Will B Left With Roughly 1gb Of Ram Which Is Not Recommended If U Are Running Window7, Vista Or Higher. So If U Have An Integrated Video Card U Need At Least 4gb Of Ram To Be Able 2 Play Pcsx2 Games At A Reasonable Speed. I Have An Intel CoreR Duo E7500 @ 2.93ghz 2.93ghz. When I Had 2gb Of Ram I Played Crash Nitro Kart, Indiana Jones Pes 2013 And The Mommy At Full Speed 60fps Without Any Settings Just Default, While Gow 2, God Hand And Resident Evil 4 I Played At Full Speed 60fps-53fps By Disabling Framlimiting, Vc Cycle Stealing-3 And Ee Cyclerate-2. Hope This Helps
Specs:
CPU: Intel Core I5 4670 3.4GHz
RAM: 6GB
GPU: Radeon HD 7770 2GB

Sponsored links

(02-08-2017, 01:07 PM)cantona Wrote: And After All D Stress Setting It Up

Is it really that hard to configure pcsx2?
Even since I started using pcsx2(0.9.2),I didn't have any problems setting it up and run any game(that worked at that time)...and yes it was barely running most games at 15fps but that's because my pc was really weak.

Currently there are only two things that you must do to make pcsx2 work
1.Dump the bios from your ps2
2.Configure the controls
That's all,everything else is extra tweaking to fix some problems that some games have.
I Get You. But Getting It To Run At A Playable Speed Is What Is Hard For Some People
Specs:
Well I Don't Have A Beast Of A Computer Like You @vsub But I Do Play Some Ps2 Titles So I Decided Share
Specs:
Looks like one of those crappy youtube tutorials "BEST PCSX SETTINGS EVAAAAAAA, PLZ RATE IF U LIKE"

I understand they might have been working for you with the few games you named, but those settings are quite gamebreaking too.

Moreover, we already have a real guide about pcsx2 on antique machines
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-08-2017, 03:23 PM)cantona Wrote: Well I Don't Have A Beast Of A Computer Like You @vsub But I Do Play Some Ps2 Titles So I Decided Share

The "weak pc" I was talking about was Pentium 4 2.8GHz/6600GT and 1gb ram and I was using that pc and pcsx2 till the end of 2014.
Some games were working at full speed most of the time without any special settings.
(02-08-2017, 03:56 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Looks like one of those crappy youtube tutorials "BEST PCSX SETTINGS EVAAAAAAA, PLZ RATE IF U LIKE"

Moreover, we already have a real guide about pcsx2 on antique machines

Lol. And yea, my guide STILL works, to date. Haven't edited it in OVER a year

(now the plugins part does as well, I wasn't aware of any change on that front. no one bothered to mention the plugin ini structure changed)
Quote:Moreover, we already have a real guide about pcsx2 on antique machines

I wouldn't recommend using the settings mentioned in that guide for 1.4 stable version.

Quoting some of the settings recommended in the guide,
Quote:upscale_multiplier=3
EECycleRate=1

Increasing the EE clockrate by one scale and cranking up the internal resolution to "3x Native" doesn't seem like a good idea for an under powered system.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
The core ini actually includes links to PCSX2 1.0.0 plugins, so it needs to be improved even it it's applied to a 1.3.1 release. Laugh
Yea, my settings guide includes a 3x upscale, but look below "native=1" upscale takes NO EFFECT