Is a 2.13 Dual core processor too slow for this?
I have a 9600gt gfx card, 3 gigs of RAM...but my processor is kinda on the low side. Would I be able to play, say, FFX with this setup? My PS3 have PS2 support and I was thinking of going out and getting FFX again, but I don't want to spend the money if I won't be able to play it Sad

Sponsored links

(03-29-2009, 09:24 PM)anth79mac Wrote: I have a 9600gt gfx card, 3 gigs of RAM...but my processor is kinda on the low side. Would I be able to play, say, FFX with this setup? My PS3 have PS2 support and I was thinking of going out and getting FFX again, but I don't want to spend the money if I won't be able to play it Sad

What's your exact model processor? If you have at least the SSSE3 instruction set, you should be ok if you overclock your processor.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
pcsx detects up to SSSE3
FFX would most likely be slow with this. PCSX2 relies mostly on a processor speed. You will need to either overclock of change your processor Smile
Oh well, I don't know a thing about overclocking and can't afford to buy a new processor right now if I screw something up. Guess I'll have to wait until I can afford a new one.
(03-29-2009, 09:55 PM)anth79mac Wrote: Oh well, I don't know a thing about overclocking and can't afford to buy a new processor right now if I screw something up. Guess I'll have to wait until I can afford a new one.

It's pretty hard to screw anything with overclocking these days. Just google your processor and motherboard +overclocking to see how it's done.
OK, I've given it a try, but how can I tell if it actually worked? Will the BIOS say it's now a 2.8 ghz processor now or whatever? Or is there no real way to test it other than trying something out?
i think it would say the changed speed in the Computer's properties Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Thanks yeah it did, it went from 2.13 ghz to 2.4--gonna see if I can push it up to 3.1. And as long as I keep the temperature under 70 degrees C I should be golden?
I was able to run ffx quite well at 2.4GHz but i did need to use native then.
My Spec's are:
CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 3.0GHz
GPU:Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT 512MB GDDR3
SPU:Intergrated Realtek HD Audio

Graphics: GSdx 890
Sound: SPU2-X 1.1.0
Controller: SSSPSX Pad plugin 1.7.0
Cdvdrom: CDVD 0.1.0