Is internal resolution included anti-aliasing?
I'm playing Dynasty Warrior 2 on the LCD which have the max resolution is 1600x1200. 
I'm usually play the game with these setting:
- Internal resolution: 3x ( 
Texture filtering: Bilinear ( force)
- Anisotropic filtering: 16x
- CRC Hack Level: Full ( Safest)
- MSAA: 2x
And I suddenly realize that even in MSAAx16, I still can see aliasing on my player's sword Mellow .

However, when I turn off MSAA and maximum my internal resolution to 5x, I don't see aliasing on my player's sword anymore Ohmy .

So, what are happening? is Internal Resolution included Anti-aliasing already? Mellow

* Another question: follow my knowledge, PS2 native resolution is 640x480. So, with my LCD ( 1600x1200), the maximum resolution which I can use in pcsx2 - fullscreen mod - is 3x (  1920x 1440 compare to 1600x1200). And no matter higher resolution I chose ( 4x, 5x, 6x), the fullscreen's resolution in game will just around 3x. Am i right?

Thank you.
CPU: i5-3570 (non-k)
Main: Gigabyte B75M-D3V
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz
VGA: Zotac GTX750 1GB

Sponsored links

I can't speak for the AA weirdness but I can tell you, going past 3x you will see an improvement but you will be riding the diminishing returns curve. 8x internal resolution does make things look nicer than 6x, and definitely better than 3x, but the demand on your GPU is going to increase substantially. The internal resolution determines how fine the quality is internally, before you even see it. The more pixels there are then, the more smooth of a job your GPU can do when it's time to downscale to your window frame's resolution. But, this also means there's a lot more pixels to handle, which means more computation time and video memory use.

So it's a trade off. If you have the hardware to flex and make it work, go for it. If your GPU is meh like mine, settle for 3x and appreciate it looks better than a toaster.
Thank you.

Another question:
1/ why the game usually slowdown even when GPU have just work at 45% and using just 500mb/1gb ? I usually play in resolution x 3 and MSAAx2. And it slowdown in the large battle, even when GPU still now use all of its vram and power?
* Meanwhile, every of CPU's cores still just work at 30%,too.
2/ Is 2gb vram is enough with 6x resolution and MSAAx4?
Yes. Higher resolutions and use of MSAA increase the demand of vram and if not met it will lag. 2 gb is low by today's standards.
Because I almost just use PC to play pcsx2. It is wasteful when use the high-end vga when the software just need more vram than a stronger vga ( it just use 30-40% of my GTX750's power).

in the beginning, I want to buy GTX 750 or GTX750ti 2GB. But I fear that 2gb vram still not enough for pcsx2 Huh .

another question: I heard that pcsx2 fix with Nvidia vga than AMD vga. Is it right? Ohmy

Thank you.
(10-29-2017, 03:43 AM)yevon Wrote: Thank you.

Another question:
1/ why the game usually slowdown even when GPU have just work at 45% and using just 500mb/1gb ? I usually play in resolution x 3 and MSAAx2. And it slowdown in the large battle, even when GPU still now use all of its vram and power?
* Meanwhile, every of CPU's cores still just work at 30%,too.
2/ Is 2gb vram is enough with 6x resolution and MSAAx4?

1. Because PCSX2 mostly depends on the speed of 2 cores (or 3 with the MTVU option).
2. Depends on the game.
#StopRNG
(10-29-2017, 04:16 AM)yevon Wrote: But I fear that 2gb vram still not enough for pcsx2 Huh .

It just depends what settings you want to achieve. Doing away MSAA is a start. What anti-aliasing you achieve through MSAA is probably not worth the vram cost. Then drop the internal res till there's no lag. I suggest using a custom resolution as using a scaling multiple resolution cause you to render a multiple of a 4:3 ratio res in a lot of games which means wasted vertical pixels that won't be properly represented except I guess for some anti-aliasing. Some games have graphical glitches when using a custom res but a lot I found seem to fare well.

Quote:another question: I heard that pcsx2 fix with Nvidia vga than AMD vga. Is it right?

It's nothing on the part of PCSX2. AMD apparently has unattended driver issues with opengl. So using opengl with an amd card causes intense lag. Forcing amd users to use only Dx12 causes a few graphical bugs or complete unplayability in some cases.